B4R Question Sonoff Dual Smart Switch WiFi - Fuse?

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all, this is the SonOff Dual Smart Switch WiFi:

Do you see in these pictures anything that looks like a fuse? I am confused and I suspect that the yellow thing next to the two Electrolytic Capacitors and the blue ceramic in the upper left of the front size is a Fuse and not a capacitor . The kind of gold thing that is next to the connectors is a bridge between two solderings (or maybe a heat sink?) and certainly not a fuse. Can someone more exprerienced aknowledge that this the case? If not please point me to the right direction.

20220815_090304_Resized.jpg
20220815_090327_Resized.jpg
20220815_090352_Resized.jpg
20220815_090405_Resized.jpg

Last edited:

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
I mean besides MTS1A (the black box between the transformer and the yellow thing). Sonoff Dual is rated for 10A and I was looking for something that big.

Upvote 0
On the back of PCB, BR1 is Bridge Rectifier.
MTS1A on the front of PCB is fuse of 1A 250V rating.
The load rating 10A is of Relay Load Capacity which don't have any fuse connection.

Upvote 0

peacemaker

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just for reference: i have reanimated my old VB5 tool of 2001, to investigate a PCB at both sides at once.
Maybe can be useful for such tasks.
1660658487541.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

hatzisn

Licensed User
Longtime User
@peacemaker I took advantage of your idea and created for everyone this attached tool by manipulating Erel's zoomable panable imageview.

I only messed with the B4J layout and code. Great tool to have. It just displays - it does not create .sch and .netlist files.

Attachments

• ZoomIVExample.zip
    97.6 KB · Views: 101
Last edited:
Upvote 0