Games Space (unfinished)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Just wrote to say hello :) in this subforum and contribute with my two cents.
This is something that I did one year ago, but never finished... I published this video here and planned to release something "soon", but I didn't...

The approach at that moment was brute force, mainly C and assembler. Now I must modify/reuse some parts of the "engine" (let's call it this way, it's a mess of functions ) for another project, and find it a pity that it wasn't finished

So my purpose is to complete it so that the user can "navigate" in the 3D space. It already allows it, but there are (at least) two incomplete parts:

> Translating maps into spheres (planets) works ok, but when I move the camera and go back to the same point there is some kind of accumulated error which distorts the image, so I must revise what I did wrong in my equations.
> Background is spherical but infinite, so by now you can not reach the stars (who can? :D)

Any good ideas for a final product based on this? ;)

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice one, I didn't know of it!

The idea of shooting is interesting as it will allow to convert it into something playable

But instead of shooting to spaceships it will shoot at planets... "Planet destroyer" sounds good as a title :)