Sprite and Graphics Creation Tool?

Bob Katayama

Licensed User
Longtime User
What tool or tools are recommended for creating sprites and graphics that rival current mobile games?

I use Photoshop currently but fine it too time consuming to create 2d images of any high quality for games.

Bob

Last edited:

karmacomposer

Licensed User
Longtime User
What tool or tools are recommended for creating sprites and graphics that rival current mobile games?

I use Photoshop currently but fine it too time consuming to create 2d images of any high quality for games.

Bob

Look at the following company:

Clickteam.com - Home

Their products include a superior sprite and background graphics application. I use most graphics programs like photoshop and serif, but they are not specific to small sprite creation or parallax backgrounds. Clickteam has mastered that a long time ago and (I believe) all of their current products include their sprite/graphics editor - specifically made for create 2D game graphics.

Mike

Upvote 0

Bob Katayama

Licensed User
Longtime User
Look at the following company:

Clickteam.com - Home

Their products include a superior sprite and background graphics application. I use most graphics programs like photoshop and serif, but they are not specific to small sprite creation or parallax backgrounds. Clickteam has mastered that a long time ago and (I believe) all of their current products include their sprite/graphics editor - specifically made for create 2D game graphics.

Mike

I looked at Clickteam but I did not see a sprite or graphics tool only. I have tried a number of stand alone tools designed for sprite creation before but all were too simplistic in what could be created.

Upvote 0

karmacomposer

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, it comes as a part of their software, but you can buy their cheapest one and still get it. Think of it as a really cheap, but good, sprite editor that happens to come with a game making element. There is also project Dogwaffle - a reasonably good paint program that is not very expensive.

Mike

Last edited:
Upvote 0