Other Starbucks connections...?

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
Probably a strange questions, but I am at Wits end after two days of trying to figure this out. Since Tuesday morning, I cannot connect either the B4A or B4i bridge programs on their network. I can at home no problem. I have completely disabled the Windows firewall, changed numerous options regarding the NIC, and even done some selective startup options. But, no go on their network. FWIW - cannot ping the iPad or Android from my laptop there either, but no problem at home.

Anyone else having issues ... I figure I can't be the only one who "works" at Starbucks.

Thanks,
Mark Turney

udg

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Mark,

I guess that Starbucks enables a router feature known as "wireless isolation".
That means that guest devices can access the Internet but not communicate between each other; I find it a wise form of privacy protection..
Unfortunately, in your case, that also means that your smartphone would not be able to connect to your PC (via B4A-Bridge on wireless network).

udg

Upvote 0

Mark Turney

Licensed User
Longtime User
That's my guess too. They must have just changed this policy this week, as it started Tuesday morning. I coded my entire B4A app from here and now can't work on my B4i app. Will try my T-mobile hotspot and see if that allows me..... stand by;)....

Thanks,
MT

Upvote 0