Android Question Stereo Audio Input

andreahaku

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I develop apps for Ham Radio.

Some ham radios have a stereo out that is used to send different data on the Left and Right channels. The Left channel sends what's before the tuned frequency and the Right what's after it. To have the whole view I need to process the and put together the two "sides". So I need a stereo audio (two channels).

Actually I can't as using the TRSS I only have one side (mono audio in). So the idea is to use something external like an external USB Audio Card os stream the audio from an hardware device that has a stereo audio in (like a Raspberry Pi with USB sound card).

I tried using an external USB Audio card with an OTG cable but I'm not able to get anything from it. I guess that a specific driver/library is needed.

I haven't tried the second solution as I want to ask if the "audiostreamer" library can stream stereo audio via WiFi or Bluetooth?

The app is named KX3 Companion (http://kx3companion.com) and it's all done with Basic4Android! As you'll see it has an audio spectrum/waterfall that actually works pretty well but only using the mono TRSS audio in.

Thanks a lot in advance for your help and reply.

Andrea Salvatore