Stopwatch ilasm1.1 ??

colin9876

Licensed User
I just tried to compile this stopwatch program, never done an exe before but wanted to give it to a friend who doesnt have basic4ppc on their phone.

Anyway it said 'cant find isalm1.1 please find it manually'? What do I do?

Attachments

• stop2.sbp
    1.3 KB · Views: 162

colin9876

Licensed User
Thanks but

does Vista have Net 2.0 already in it - why cant basic4ppc use that instead of still needing 1.1?

Update - its installed, and basic4ppc finds it but it now says it cant access path ....ilsam1.1 ??

Last edited:

colin9876

Licensed User
ok that worked, but the desktop exe now shows white lines round all the textboxes etc!!, and the FONT in the Reset box goes over two lines when it didnt in the device?

neilnapier

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had this problem recently so had to redownload the old version of B4P. Once I located it it came up with fission.dll can not be found and when I found that it said yad.exe could not be found.

So can anyone help me out with that (I didn't make a new topic because it is related to this) as I prefer the newer version.

colin9876

Licensed User
Altho the desktop exe had white lines round the control boxes the device exe was excellent.

By the way Erel, I just put a 'plug' of Basic4ppc on the pda forum where I discuss things with my buddies. Hopefully some of them will be along to join up to Basic4ppc too!
Ive installed Basic4ppc. This product is amazing because u can write Visual Basic like code on the device. There are libraries for GPS, speech synth, internet access. Mindblowing application. I was looking for a product like that for ages but only found it last month. Its the best software I have - but its not very well known - I hope one day it will get the recognition it deserves

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ive installed Basic4ppc. This product is amazing because u can write Visual Basic like code on the device. There are libraries for GPS, speech synth, internet access. Mindblowing application. I was looking for a product like that for ages but only found it last month. Its the best software I have - but its not very well known - I hope one day it will get the recognition it deserves
Sounds like a good quote for the B4PPC website!

Regards,
RandomCoder

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
ok that worked, but the desktop exe now shows white lines round all the textboxes etc!!, and the FONT in the Reset box goes over two lines when it didnt in the device?
Unfortunately there are slight differences in the controls between the desktop and the device. In particular the desktop controls are mainly 3D whereas the device ones are 2D - hence the white lines on the desktop.

colin9876

Licensed User
stopwatch exe

Ok Ive compiled the new improved Stopwatch into an exe!
1) It also produced a config file - what is that for?

2)Also what are the advantages into rolling it into a cab? Can I just give it to someone as an exe?

3)if I add speach to it, will I have to pass the speach dll on aswell - or is there anyway the compiler can roll the whole lot into one exe?

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
1) The config file causes your application to use .Net 2.0 instead of .Net 1.0 (if 2.0 is installed).
If you are using a library which requires .Net 2.0 then you should distribute the config file as well.
2) The advantage of a cab file is that it packs all the required files into one file (images / libraries / exe / config file...).
It will also create an icon in the Programs section and add your application to Add/Remove Programs dialog.
3) Yes, you will need to distribute the speech dll as well.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
b****r - Erel got in first while I was writing this!

It also produced a config file - what is that for?
Your app is a .NET 1.0 app. If both .NET 1.0 and .NET 2.0 are present on a system then the app would run under .NET 1.0. The config makes it run under .NET 2.0 in that circumstance as it provides better perormance. There was a link on the B4PPC site where Erel explained this but I can't find it now :confused: or I would have pointed you at it. For completeness, if only .NET 2.0 were present the app would run under that anyway so the config is only needed where both Frameworks are present - but you should include it anyway.

Also what are the advantages into rolling it into a cab? Can I just give it to someone as an exe?
cab = easy installation but you can just give all the files - exe, config and any libraries - and tell them to put them all in a folder and run it by clicking the exe in File Explorer.

if I add speach to it, will I have to pass the speach dll on aswell - or is there anyway the compiler can roll the whole lot into one exe?
You may be able to roll all the libraries into one library (but not fliteDLL.dll as it is not a .NET assembly) - there's a thread about this http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1220 but I think that the exe will have to stay separate.