iOS Question Strange behavior when app is launced after iphone sleep

DickD

Licensed User
If my iphone either goes to sleep after the idle time expired or I press the power button WHILE the app is active on the screen then when the phone restarts and I launch the app it gets stuck in a strange loop. If I press any of the menu options in Main they appear briefly on the screen but then immediately return to Main before I can interact with them.

This only happens if the app was on the screen when the phone went to sleep. Otherwise it launches normally. Not sure what part of my code I can show to explain this.

DickD

Licensed User
You should use iReleaseLogger to monitor the logs and release mode and understand why it happens. The problem is in your code somewhere.
Resolved. This has something to do with running a module in Main that used to be a service on android. It uses Server.Listen to listen for incoming request for info and notify's the user with a msgbox. The module runs every time Main runs like when it comes back from sleep.

Having learned android before iPHone I am still in a android mindset when it comes to services and the life cycle. I will post separately if I can't figure this out.

Upvote 0