Android Question Strange .png image difference when using v3.8 and v4.0

Mickster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Screenshot_2015-01-13-16-05-23.png

The above is built using B4A V1.92 and is correct.

Screenshot_2015-01-13-05-26-07.png

This is the same app built using B4A V3.8 or V4.0

I don't understand what happened to the numeric data entry pad. Each button is a png file like pretty much all of my buttons. This is just one of many pages but only these numeric buttons have been affected. Can anyone explain this please?

Regards,

Mickster

Mickster

Licensed User
Longtime User
How do you define the numeric key pad ?
What is defined differently than in the other layouts ?
Without knowing what you have done and how it's difficult to give a concrete advice !

That's the point....all that's happened is I've upgraded B4A...no code changes at all!

Upvote 0

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
to me it seems that the AutoScaleAll it might be playing some tricks, but, without seeing the code is just speculation.

I would say that, the visual designer in v3.8 settled gravity to fill, and in v4 it looks like no gravity but anchored top left.

P.S. I like your layout very much.

Upvote 0

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Try this before loading the layout:

B4X:
Dim jo As JavaObject
    jo.InitializeStatic("java.lang.System").RunMethod("setProperty", Array As Object("autoscaleall_old_behaviour", "true"))

Upvote 0

Mickster

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well that was weird....In both cases, in Designer, the variant was set to 320 X 480...I switched to a new variant of 1280 X 800 in the V4.0 version only and all is good.

I must be missing something but I need to press on....very late on this project.

Many, many thanks to all for the help! I love B4A!!!!

Edit: Ah there *wasn't* AutoscaleAll in this script but it exists in others.

Last edited:
Upvote 0