Stupid debugger question

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I guess I never have really put much thought into solving this, so it may be a simple thing, but on the rare occasions I run my app with debugging, occasionally I will inadvertently close the debugging area below the code window in B4A. When I do this, I see no obvious way to get it back. Compiling the app again does not bring it back (if I recall correctly), and I see no menu items or anything else that suggests it would bring it back.

Am I missing something simple?

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
I mean once you've run the app (with the debug option enabled) it then shows the debugging info at the bottom. But I've managed to make that area disappear (can't remember how off-hand) and once I do that I can't seem to bring it back.

Possibly pressing stop in the debugging area, I can't remember. But I'm pretty certain I have managed to make that debugging area go away and have found no obvious way to bring it back.

If I'm the only one who's managed to do this, then later when I have time I will provide steps to reproduce it.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you reduce the width of the IDE do you see a horizontal scrollbar at the bottom of the screen.
If yes you have a double line just below and this one can be moved upwards.
If you don't see the scrollbarI don't know how you removed the debug window.

Best regards.

Upvote 0

nfordbscndrd

Licensed User
Longtime User
...I will inadvertently close the debugging area below the code window in B4A. Compiling the app again does not bring it back (if I recall correctly), and I see no menu items or anything else that suggests it would bring it back.

If by "close the debugging area" you mean that you pressed the Stop button, then compiling the app again brings back the debug area. If that is not what you mean, then how are you closing the debug area?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Kevin

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, that ought to teach me about posting something from memory without having it right in front of me, especially considering my memory doesn't work so well anymore anyway (and I'm not even that old yet...).

The debugger does come back up when you run the project again. I think what I was thinking of was that you can disconnect the debugger (by clicking on the chain links) but once you do this there is no way to reattach it without recompiling the project.

Most likely there is a reason why it can't be reattached after detaching without a full recompile. Often times I click the stop button when I want to fix my code, but this is an obvious reason for why the debugger would not allow reattaching since you would then need to recompile anyway after changing your code.

Never mind! :signOops:

Upvote 0