B4J Question Submit app to Windows Store

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey , if I develop a app with B4J and submit it to Windows 10 App store is Microsoft going to accept it? In other case, maybe it would be better to create B4W version for specifically making Windows UWP apps.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I have successfully created the appx package, which includes the Java runtime, via desktop bridge. The package installs and runs fine on my pc. For now I have to wait till Windows gives me the permission to upload.

I will report back here.

Jan

Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Small update: After 6 days I got a message from the support, that they need a Application website in order to grant permissions for uploading my app. I answered them within 10 minutes.
Yesterday I finally got the message, that my "request" in process now.

Nevertheless, I am confident that that my Application will be in the Windows Store in the next 3 months ...

Jan

Upvote 0

An Schi

Licensed User
Good job! Looking forward to your tut :)

Why is it 70mb big?
And what is an 'Application Website'? Did you have to create a real website promoting your app?

Upvote 0

Daestrum

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I wonder if the new Java 9 directive would help, where it only supplies the packaged JRE with modules that it actually uses.

Upvote 0

trueboss323

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, although it was just a "test app" for me.

Jan

I've started using the Desktop App Converter , my app can convert to appx just fine. But it also gives me a warning saying an icon cannot be extracted, and it fails to extract from the executable. I used this tutorial for creating an .exe file. I've been stumbling on this problem for 2 hours now. How were you able to do it?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

your package should contain the Java runtime. I have modified the code here in order to create a msi installer (it requires wix). After you have created the appx package, you will need to recompile your package with a modified manifest via the makeappx tool.

I will post a tutorial, but didn't find time yet.

Jan

Upvote 0

JanPRO

Licensed User
Longtime User
please please please can you please create a small tutorial for us?
Sorry for the late response. I will create it this weekend.

Jan

Upvote 0