Android Question switching landscape / portrait

HansDieter

Licensed User
Longtime User
My app has the Main activity and 7 other activites. The Main and 4 activties are to respectively to as expected. The other activities disappears if the device will be turned. The log shows that the Activity_Create and Activity_Resume subs from switch activity are triggered even the app disappears. Click on the app starts at the Main and the data is at the point when the app has disappears.
Any idee what's wrong?
Thanks,
Hans

HansDieter

Licensed User
Longtime User
I try to do better:

The device shows app.
I turn the device from landscape to portait (or from portrait to landscape)
the activity switch respectivly and the display will rebuilds be the Activity_Create and Activity_Resume subs. As it should be.
Some of the activities are different.
When i turn the device the app close. The log shows that the closed activity has triggered the Activity_Create and Activity_Resume subs even the app disappears. When i reopen my app, the Main Activity shows and all data are still here.
Turning the device needs is to reopen the all and navigate to the correct activity.

Thanks
Hans

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you show the logs?
Can you show the code in Activity_Create and Activity_Resume subs?
What data is still there: edit text, table, ...?

Give us more info or even better, upload a small project showing your issue.

Upvote 0

HansDieter

Licensed User
Longtime User
It works now !

José said
What data is still there: edit text, table, ...?

An other time i checked the Activity_Create and Activity_Resume subs. And i found something: I missed some SQL cursor.close and SQL.close. I added this and everything works now.

Thanks
Hans

Upvote 0