Android Question Synthesized permission

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
From http://source.android.com/devices/tech/storage/index.html I learned, if I understand correctly, that writing to an external sd-card is possible provided that synthsized permissions are provided:

"The WRITE_EXTERNAL_STORAGE permission must only grant write access to the primary external storage on a device. Apps must not be allowed to write to secondary external storage devices, except in their package-specific directories as allowed by synthesized permissions. Restricting writes in this way ensures the system can clean up files when applications are uninstalled.

Is it possible to create such permissions with the Manifest Editor and if so, how should it look like?

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
When using Test Compilation I get the message:

"Module: activityintenthandler not found"

What should i do?

Upvote 0

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I need to make a directory in the "single folder based on your package name" on the external SD-card. Then I need to copy a file from the same SD-card to that directory. The package name is:"Harry.Camping.App".

Whatever I try, I do not succeed in getting it done.

Could you give me two lines of coding to accomplish that.

Thanks in advance!

Harry

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
B4X:
File.DirInternal
is the "single folder based on your package name"

Upvote 0

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Manfred,

Your answer is a litte cryptic for me.

If you can give me the lines of coding required as I asked Erel, I would be very glad.

Harry

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I´m NOT here to write the code for you! You are a coder i suppose. If not then it seems that you are at the wrong place here.
I just want to help (giving suggestions; not to do the work for you!)

Search the forum yourself about
- Creating a directory (The path where you should create it i have posted above)
- Copy a file from path a to path b

You wrote
Whatever I try, I do not succeed in getting it done.

but you did NOT show WHAT YOU HAVE TRIED (the code you have used)

Upvote 0