table1.filter

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by dennishea, Dec 29, 2007.

1. dennishea

dennishea Active Member Licensed User

I am having trouble creating a table filter. I have created them in the past but nothing using the and in them. This is my last attempt over the past 24 hrs.

x1 = Int(txtx1.Text)
    x2 = Int(txtx2.Text)
    y1 = Int(txty1.Text)
    y2 = Int(txty2.Text)
    table1.Filter(("x1 = x1") AND ("y1 = y1") AND ("x2 = x2") AND ("y2 = y2"))

I have had some that compiled but when run bomb with snytax error's. This one doesn't compile because it sayes x2 is never used. Most of the time when I run into this I get it sorted out. Any help appreciated.

2. agraham

agraham Expert Licensed User

I think the filter should be a single string and can only include column names and literals not variables. Look carefully at the help entry for Filter.

3. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

What are the columns names?

4. dennishea

dennishea Active Member Licensed User

Header cString, Color cString, x1 cnumber, y1 cnumber, x2 cnumber, y2 cnumber, r cnumber.
    I also put what's suppose to be in them. I think I have it solved but hard to debug without the watches. I have found other ways to debug such as using msgbox and redisplaying information in the textboxes themselves. agraham pointed me back at the help file so I figured I had overlooked something and I did. With that I managed to move forward enougth that I think I have a handle on it now.

@agraham Thanks for the direction.

@erel 6.0 is a great improvement. As always I really like basic4ppc.

5. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Don't worry about the watches.
    A patch will be soon available at the forum.