TeamViewer alternative : Source code for sale

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Saif,
I would like to ask you if I should copy the contents of B4J Internal Libs to the B4J IDE Internal Libs or adding them to additional Libs is OK?
Thank you in advance!

yves67

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your answer, but the problem is the nas is a linux machine and the only database available is MarioDB....

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Saif,
I would like to ask you if I should copy the contents of B4J Internal Libs to the B4J IDE Internal Libs or adding them to additional Libs is OK?
Thank you in advance!
Hello :)

In the. Zip file we sent you there are 2. Zip files, one for internal libraries and you should copy and paste it in internal libraries.
And the other file is the additional libraries and you should copy and paste them into the additional library.

Thank you,
Saif

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay then go to the link I posted earlier and convert it
I haven't started yet to look into the code but of course, some knowledge of dealing with setting up a database, create tables, and so on is probably useful.
I guess most users here are more software developers and do not deal with it normally, perhaps they have an in-house person who handles the databases ecc and therefore converting a database to another format, setting up fields is not that easy.
Eventually, I think many users who bought the code, will be using a VPS running linux as a first learning step (it is the cheapest option - can always be upgraded to another database format or OS) and I do agree that perhaps if you supplied a DB, just like you did with SQLServer, for MySQL would be a great idea or at least write down a step-to-step tutorial.
Just my 2 cents.

yves67

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, I stop with MariaDB, I will use Microsoft SQL Server 2019 express
and I discovered there is a linux version and could be installed on a synology nas....

moster67

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the. Zip file we sent you there are 2. Zip files, one for internal libraries and you should copy and paste it in internal libraries.
Is this necessary? I always thought that we should not put any libraries in the "Internal Library folder" and that such folder should only be used for libraries produced by Anywhere Software until such libraries are included in the next update of a B4X product..
For instance, I noted that you are providing one of my libraries I published here in the forum and I have always put that one in the Additional Library folder 🤔

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is this necessary? I always thought that we should not put any libraries in the "Internal Library folder" and that such folder should only be used for libraries produced by Anywhere Software until such libraries are included in the next update of a B4X product..
For instance, I noted that you are providing one of my libraries I published here in the forum and I have always put that one in the Additional Library folder 🤔
Hello,

1- this project is very very large, as you can see from the size of it so compress the files to zip will reduce the size.
2-nameing every file is essential and more organized.
3-we never used your library, could you please send me where do you think is your library been used?
The technology used in this project is based on github and our own Java experience, you maybe wrapped a Java library from github and the the code 1% similar.

Thank you,
Saif

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
OK, I stop with MariaDB, I will use Microsoft SQL Server 2019 express
and I discovered there is a linux version and could be installed on a synology nas....
Let us look into it more and we will send you the converted database :)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I haven't started yet to look into the code but of course, some knowledge of dealing with setting up a database, create tables, and so on is probably useful.
I guess most users here are more software developers and do not deal with it normally, perhaps they have an in-house person who handles the databases ecc and therefore converting a database to another format, setting up fields is not that easy.
Eventually, I think many users who bought the code, will be using a VPS running linux as a first learning step (it is the cheapest option - can always be upgraded to another database format or OS) and I do agree that perhaps if you supplied a DB, just like you did with SQLServer, for MySQL would be a great idea or at least write down a step-to-step tutorial.
Just my 2 cents.
Hello,

We wrote the steps on how to restore the database in :

b4xcode.com/support/index.html

We will upload the conversion process from mssql to mysql on the website as well.

vfafou

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Saif,

I'm trying to run the B4J app and during compilation it outputs the following error:
B4X:
error: lambda expressions are not supported in -source 1.7
but I'm using Java 1.8.261
Is there any setting to change in my installation?

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Saif,

I'm trying to run the B4J app and during compilation it outputs the following error:
B4X:
You need to download OpenJDK :

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for your answer, but the problem is the nas is a linux machine and the only database available is MarioDB....
We have uploaded to Support Website on how to restore the database from MSSQL To MySQL database or from MSSQL to MariaDB

*We have tested the Mysql code because we have access to a MySql workbench, but we don't have an access to MariaDB so we need you guys to confirm if it's working or not.

*Also please do send us on email because you are sending us on email and you are posting here the same thing and you are making us confused on where to answer, so to make the support process easier please contact us through the email.

Thank you,
Saif

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Saif,

B4X:
I also having the same when using Java 8. The error gone when I change to use Java 11.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also having the same when using Java 8. The error gone when I change to use Java 11.
We have updated the support page and added OpenJDK step in the installation steps :)
1613923279559.png

yves67

Licensed User
Longtime User
I successed to install the tvalter database using Microsoft SQL SERVER EXPRESS 2019

I need to do

- rename MSSQL12 with MSSQL15 in the script
-active the filestream option (by default this option is disabled) do a search with google
-create the C:\DummyDoc directory
and now it is working

I hope will help somebody

now I will try with MariaDB

Yves