TeamViewer alternative

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Additional features:

1) The ability for me at the PC side to see screen touches made by the user
2) The ability to show a mouse or other graphic to the user of the android device as I (on the PC) move my mouse - so for example I could say to the user "And then you would press this key when you are ready", and then I would move my mouse over the applicable button (but not clicking on it), and the user would see the mouse icon pointing to the button they should press.
3) How would you support connections if the PC and/or the android device are behind firewalls?
4) Adjustable screen refresh rate for slow or fast connections

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Back to my question, if we made this project and added all the features above.
Is there a market for it?
Because we mainly focus on the business apps and this field is new to us as how the sales would go :)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Additional features:

1) The ability for me at the PC side to see screen touches made by the user
2) The ability to show a mouse or other graphic to the user of the android device as I (on the PC) move my mouse - so for example I could say to the user "And then you would press this key when you are ready", and then I would move my mouse over the applicable button (but not clicking on it), and the user would see the mouse icon pointing to the button they should press.
3) How would you support connections if the PC and/or the android device are behind firewalls?
4) Adjustable screen refresh rate for slow or fast connections
Am gathering ideas at the moment and it's 12:30 am in my time, tomorrow morning we will start with the proto type and by the end of the day we will have the full report on how fast, reliable it would be :)

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Is there a market for it?
Because we mainly focus on the business apps and this field is new to us as how the sales would go :)
I would think any developer would want this ability - especially to help troubleshoot errors that users have on certain devices, but the developer can't reproduce.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
One other feature would be a chat ability, so the user and developer can communicate in real time without being on a phone call.

It would also be cool if it had the ability to do auto-translation!

aaronk

Licensed User
Longtime User
What about iOS ?
I understand TeamViewer can view only the screen, it would be good if this could do the same and view the iOS device screen.

mangojack

Licensed User
Longtime User
Other features? :)

Coffee ? ... Sandwiches ? ... joking :)

No .. sounds very interesting , could be interested as well

Keep up the good work.

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
From the point of view of a developer, like all of us here are, I believe that a remote assistance system of this type would be a little gem.
Each of us needs a tool of this type
Furthermore, if it also offers capabilities that others do not have, such as installing new apps or updating existing apps (neither team Viewer nor Anydesk have this feature), it would be a really valuable tool.
I hope you get to complete it, so you can sell many
And I hope to get to see it, because such a tool would be really useful to me

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I would like to point out a feature of Anydesk for Android, which makes it unusable
On smartphone operating system versions> = 8, when you try to activate the connection from PC to smartphone, the remote device expects authorization from the operator, making it impossible to remotely assist unattended smartphones
This feature, seems to have been introduced by Android 8 and later versions, makes the system for remote assistance on smartphones substantially unusable
This feature is something that PREVENTS the use of remote assistance, and therefore I hope that the new system will behave also allowing access to unattended devices

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
One other feature would be a chat ability, so the user and developer can communicate in real time without being on a phone call.
It would also be cool if it had the ability to do auto-translation!

Yes it's true, it would seem an interesting feature to me too
But after several years of using systems for remote assistance, in reality I have never used chat systems integrated in Team Viewer, Anydesk, Vnc and others
What normally happens is that the remote operator who needs assistance calls you on the phone and explains the problem, then the remote assistance starts with the telephone communication still in progress
And so while it seems like an interesting feature, at least in my case, it has never been used even once
This consideration was to give priority to sfsameer and his team for the development of the individual features

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
It has been announced :)

cklester

Licensed User
Oh! Sometimes, a client will have multiple monitors. It would be nice to be able to switch between them.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Because we are in the development process, so if you have any idea you would like be to added please don't be shy :)

We will study it and it may be added to the source code :)