TeamViewer alternative

Diceman

Licensed User
Hello :)

I just read in the forum that someone was talking about a software that controls the phone from the pc and he was fascinated by it, the software is just like TeamViewer or any desk.

My question is if my team and I started working on this project and offered the source code for sale and offered it like for 50$ or less will the developers be interested in buying it or would it be a waste of time? :)

When controlling a remote PC it often has to be rebooted when installing software and not lose the connection otherwise the client can't reconnect. Is this going to be a problem?

There is also going to have to be security to prevent unauthorized access. Maybe enforce SMS or 2FA for those who want it?

When you have a prototype running with the layout, don't forget to post a video because you'll get a lot of good ideas from the guys here.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
When controlling a remote PC it often has to be rebooted when installing software and not lose the connection otherwise the client can't reconnect. Is this going to be a problem?
We already made 2 things regarding the above :
1- Reconnecting when the connection is lost
2- Auto startup (meaning if the PC is restarted the application will auto start and notify the user that there is an incoming connection)

There is also going to have to be security to prevent unauthorized access. Maybe enforce SMS or 2FA for those who want it?
Each user has the full control of accepting or rejecting the connection, and the user is able to change the ID in case he/she feels like there might be a security breach
once the ID is changed others won't be able to connect to the user using the old ID

When you have a prototype running with the layout, don't forget to post a video because you'll get a lot of good ideas from the guys here.
We will Showcase the app in 2-3 days, stay tuned :)

Diceman

Licensed User
We already made 2 things regarding the above :
1- Reconnecting when the connection is lost
2- Auto startup (meaning if the PC is restarted the application will auto start and notify the user that there is an incoming connection)
Good as long as the host machine (computer being controlled) doesn't have to have someone there being prompted to allow access to the computer at night (see below).

Each user has the full control of accepting or rejecting the connection, and the user is able to change the ID in case he/she feels like there might be a security breach
once the ID is changed others won't be able to connect to the user using the old ID
We do remote access to the client's computer at night so as no to disrupt the client. The client has gone home and the business locked up so there is no one there to issue a new ID or reply "Yes" to an Allow Access confirmation window that some remote software requires. However if your software allows the client to keep the old ID for a month so it can be reused that would be fine but not as secure as if you also had 2FA or SMS.

We will Showcase the app in 2-3 days, stay tuned :)

Excellent. :)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good as long as the host machine (computer being controlled) doesn't have to have someone there being prompted to allow access to the computer at night (see below).

We do remote access to the client's computer at night so as no to disrupt the client. The client has gone home and the business locked up so there is no one there to issue a new ID or reply "Yes" to an Allow Access confirmation window that some remote software requires. However if your software allows the client to keep the old ID for a month so it can be reused that would be fine but not as secure as if you also had 2FA or SMS.

Excellent. :)

We have just added "Unattended access" meaning the user can set up a password for the incoming connections and gives the password to the client, once the client enters the password the connection will be accepted and the session starts without the host approval :)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
We have just added "Unattended access" meaning the user can set up a password for the incoming connections and gives the password to the client, once the client enters the password the connection will be accepted and the session starts without the host approval :)
This is a very very small demo showcasing the unattended access :

The host has a password lock which means the client can't access the host unless the host accepts the connection or gives the client the password.

Last edited:

Diceman

Licensed User
Video looks good.

Here are the Anydesk features I like (using Windows PC's on both ends):
  1. You should be aware that the computer the technician is connecting to (client computer) the people at that end are not tech savy so things must be idiot proof. The client downloads the AnyDesk exe and runs it without installing anything. This means the client software (on PC) should be an executable. (We can email them the software or have them download it from our site.)
  2. The AnyDesk client gives the client the 9 digit code and they click on "Accept" button when they see me connecting and that's all they have to do (during the day when there is someone at the client's office).
  3. Tech can remotely reboot the client computer and also reboot client computer into SafeMode
  4. The tech can get a hardware and software report of what is on the client computer
  5. On slow connections I can reduce the resolution on the client for the sake of speed (and take off the wallpaper).
  6. Tech can remote into the client computer and run a client program that prints something off on the tech's printer. This is very handy.
  7. Anydesk/TV allows you to save the connection passwords on the tech's computer into something like an address book
  8. Can I use the remote software on different computers? Let's say I want to use my laptop one day to connect to my client and then tomorrow use my desktop to connect to the client's machine? If so how do I keep track of the user ID's and passwords? Is there an Address Book that is syncable?
  9. Can I add an optional Master Password on tech's computer to prevent someone from stealing the tech's computer and accessing all of this customer's machines remotely?
  10. Can I assume your file transfer has the ability to transfer files both directions?
  11. (future version?) I don't know if this is possible, but one of my colleagues wanted to blank out the client's computer's screen when remotely accessing their accounting software because when she is doing accounting she doesn't want people in the client's office, like their customers, to see the confidential info. (I don't think any remote software can do this, so I wouldn't worry about it if it is not possible. I tell her to phone someone in the office to turn off the office accounting computer's monitor when she's remoting in, but she may not be able to reach anyone in the office because they're too busy.)
  12. Often I have to do remote assistance for more than 1 client at a time. Can I access more than 2 remote computers at the same time? (running 2 copies of software is Ok if that's the only way).
  13. How does the ID get created? Are we going through your server and it registers the ID for the client machine? Or do we create a random number ourselves?
I don't know how many of these features are possible with your software, but you can pick and choose from it.
You're going to have to think of a good name for the software. You can't use "TeamViewer" in the name for obvious reasons it is trademarked.

Keep up the good work. It looks very promising. ;)

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Video looks good.

Here are the Anydesk features I like (using Windows PC's on both ends):
  1. You should be aware that the computer the technician is connecting to (client computer) the people at that end are not tech savy so things must be idiot proof. The client downloads the AnyDesk exe and runs it without installing anything. This means the client software (on PC) should be an executable. (We can email them the software or have them download it from our site.)
  2. The AnyDesk client gives the client the 9 digit code and they click on "Accept" button when they see me connecting and that's all they have to do (during the day when there is someone at the client's office).
  3. Tech can remotely reboot the client computer and also reboot client computer into SafeMode
  4. The tech can get a hardware and software report of what is on the client computer
  5. On slow connections I can reduce the resolution on the client for the sake of speed (and take off the wallpaper).
  6. Tech can remote into the client computer and run a client program that prints something off on the tech's printer. This is very handy.
  7. Anydesk/TV allows you to save the connection passwords on the tech's computer into something like an address book
  8. Can I use the remote software on different computers? Let's say I want to use my laptop one day to connect to my client and then tomorrow use my desktop to connect to the client's machine? If so how do I keep track of the user ID's and passwords? Is there an Address Book that is syncable?
  9. Can I add an optional Master Password on tech's computer to prevent someone from stealing the tech's computer and accessing all of this customer's machines remotely?
  10. Can I assume your file transfer has the ability to transfer files both directions?
  11. (future version?) I don't know if this is possible, but one of my colleagues wanted to blank out the client's computer's screen when remotely accessing their accounting software because when she is doing accounting she doesn't want people in the client's office, like their customers, to see the confidential info. (I don't think any remote software can do this, so I wouldn't worry about it if it is not possible. I tell her to phone someone in the office to turn off the office accounting computer's monitor when she's remoting in, but she may not be able to reach anyone in the office because they're too busy.)
  12. Often I have to do remote assistance for more than 1 client at a time. Can I access more than 2 remote computers at the same time? (running 2 copies of software is Ok if that's the only way).
  13. How does the ID get created? Are we going through your server and it registers the ID for the client machine? Or do we create a random number ourselves?
I don't know how many of these features are possible with your software, but you can pick and choose from it.
You're going to have to think of a good name for the software. You can't use "TeamViewer" in the name for obvious reasons it is trademarked.

Keep up the good work. It looks very promising. ;)
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time, very appreciated :)
Below are the answers :

1- It will be an EXE program (executable (Portable or installer))
2- Already implemented :)
3- Already in the schedule of the functions to be done.
4- Already implemented :)
5- Already implemented :)
6- 90% completed
7- Each user (either a client of a host) has the ability to register as a user (email and password) and by doing that it will save the history of the connections + the favorites if he/she has any and it will show to any device he/she is connected to.
8- same as 7
9- great idea and we have added to the functions to be done :)
10- Yes , 2 directions ( clients/hosts)
11- It's easy to be implemented (Pause/resume screen capturing) - great idea and we have added to the functions to be done :)
12- Yes of course
13- It's 9 digits ( each 3 digits are created randomly after checking that they don't exists already in the SQL database)
and yes the client/host are able to create/change the ID when ever they like.

As for the name, once you purchase the source it's up to you, it's your source, you could name it what ever you like :)

Again Thank you very much for taking the time,
Saif

Indic Software

Licensed User
How about being able to transfer Clipboard content from client to host and the other way around.

If this feature is implemented then you will have have to give facility like AnyDesk to copy and past files for Desktop edition.

Louis Moskowitz

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

Thank you for taking the time, very appreciated :)
Below are the answers :

1- It will be an EXE program (executable (Portable or installer))
2- Already implemented :)
3- Already in the schedule of the functions to be done.
4- Already implemented :)
5- Already implemented :)
6- 90% completed
7- Each user (either a client of a host) has the ability to register as a user (email and password) and by doing that it will save the history of the connections + the favorites if he/she has any and it will show to any device he/she is connected to.
8- same as 7
9- great idea and we have added to the functions to be done :)
10- Yes , 2 directions ( clients/hosts)
11- It's easy to be implemented (Pause/resume screen capturing) - great idea and we have added to the functions to be done :)
12- Yes of course
13- It's 9 digits ( each 3 digits are created randomly after checking that they don't exists already in the SQL database)
and yes the client/host are able to create/change the ID when ever they like.

As for the name, once you purchase the source it's up to you, it's your source, you could name it what ever you like :)

Again Thank you very much for taking the time,
Saif
Excellent post. Gives a good idea of the functionality of the software.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Can't we just VNC for this?

I have some mixed feelings about VNC and their versions.

On raspberry pi that realvnc/vncconnect seems to work fine between windows pc<>pi

On windows machines the server part seems to have culprits in some versions.

and I'm forced to use tightVNC as other versions (realvnc/ultravnc) failed to work or became payware.

so it would be nice if there is something that always works.

the biggest benefit of teamviewer is the middleware tunneling where you don't have the misery of having the need of portforwarding etc...
unlike VNCs, Remote Administrator, PCAnywhere and the likes have/had.

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
2 New Updates :

Update 1 :
According to the above request, we have added a new feature which is pretty amazing and it helps the user to perform functions alot faster.
Script Commands are now implemented! :
Below are the current commands :
1- connect using password
*By typing (-connect Partner ID)
**Then a password has to be typed to continue (-pwd xxxxx)

2- run apps by typing the package name (-run xxxx)
3- Delete files and folders (-del xxxx)
4- Tree (Navigate through the remote host files and folders) (-list xxxx)
5- Download Files from the remote host (-dwn xxxx -L xxxx; )
7- Upload Files to the remote host (-upld xxxx)
8- disconnect (-dis con)
If you want us to add more commands just tell what would you like us to add and we will work on it :)

Script Commands in action demo :

http://b4xcode.com/CommandScript.mp4

Update 2 :
We are finishing up the File Transfer feature and we will upload a video demo tomorrow.
1611956116539.png

An amazing feature (Install APK)
you can select an apk and press on install APK and it will install/update on the remote host device without having to upload it and installing it manually

1611956359046.png

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
Update 4

FPS ,Resolutions and Auto Re-Connect update :

1- Current FPS is between 30-45 FPS depending on the below :

1.1- The host internet speed.
1.2- The Client Internet speed
1.3- The client and the host Device free ram/CPU

2- Resolution :
We have developed the project to have a dynamic resolution meaning in case the host internet speed is low the frame rate will drop to minimum 30 FPS and the frame resolution will also drop to 10% and in case the internet speed became really low the frame resolution will keep dropping until reaching minimum of 60% of original resolution of the Host Frame.

3- Automatic re-connect :
We have developed the project to reconnect to the internet automatically without disturbing the user in case the server disconnected or the host/client disconnected

This is a demo on how the resolution dropping and the FPS dropping working together in the same time seamless Also we are testing the reconnect.
notice how the software reconnects automatically and continuing from where it stopped before the disconnect.

Video Demo :

http://b4xcode.com/FPSandResolution.mp4

Diceman

Licensed User
2 New Updates :

Update 1 :
According to the above request, we have added a new feature which is pretty amazing and it helps the user to perform functions alot faster.
Script Commands are now implemented! :
Below are the current commands :
1- connect using password
*By typing (-connect Partner ID)
**Then a password has to be typed to continue (-pwd xxxxx)

2- run apps by typing the package name (-run xxxx)
3- Delete files and folders (-del xxxx)
4- Tree (Navigate through the remote host files and folders) (-list xxxx)
5- Download Files from the remote host (-dwn xxxx -L xxxx; )
7- Upload Files to the remote host (-upld xxxx)
8- disconnect (-dis con)
If you want us to add more commands just tell what would you like us to add and we will work on it :)

Script Commands in action demo :

http://b4xcode.com/CommandScript.mp4

a) I wouldn't mind having a script that would download the directory structure (not the files). We need to check our clients machines to see if the backup has completed successfully. If we could have a script that would display the directory like "Dir d:\Backup\Server1\*.* > ClientXYX_Server1_{DATE}_{TIME}.Txt" and send that file "ClientXYZ_Server1_{DATE}_{TIME}.Txt" back to us and automatically disconnect, we could automate this process and be connected only 20 seconds. I don't know if it's possible to substitute in the current date and time into {DATE} {TIME} or not, but it might come in handy. If not that's Ok too.

b) I assume we can do the same thing with your file download feature. We need to get into their computer quickly and download say a log file and send it to our computer without tying up their machine then disconnect. We would automate this in a batch file on our computer that runs at x:xx every day. That would be neat if we could do this in under a couple of minutes unattended at both ends.

Looking good! ;)

TIA

sfsameer

Licensed User
Longtime User
a) I wouldn't mind having a script that would download the directory structure (not the files). We need to check our clients machines to see if the backup has completed successfully. If we could have a script that would display the directory like "Dir d:\Backup\Server1\*.* > ClientXYX_Server1_{DATE}_{TIME}.Txt" and send that file "ClientXYZ_Server1_{DATE}_{TIME}.Txt" back to us and automatically disconnect, we could automate this process and be connected only 20 seconds. I don't know if it's possible to substitute in the current date and time into {DATE} {TIME} or not, but it might come in handy. If not that's Ok too.

b) I assume we can do the same thing with your file download feature. We need to get into their computer quickly and download say a log file and send it to our computer without tying up their machine then disconnect. We would automate this in a batch file on our computer that runs at x:xx every day. That would be neat if we could do this in under a couple of minutes unattended at both ends.

Looking good! ;)

TIA
Amazing features, we will add them to project :)