B4J Question TFORMer SDK Wrapper

Dataverde

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hey Folks,

we want to use TFORMer SDK with B4J.

"With the TFORMer reporting SDK, you can integrate the nearly unlimited output capabilities of the layout editor,TFORMer Designer, into your application.

TFORMer SDK combines your data with the designed template. Documents like reports, tables, lists, letters and labels can be printed in any kind of format as part of your application."

For more info: http://www.tec-it.com/en/software/report-generator/reporting-component/tformer-runtime/Default.aspx

This are the possible Interfaces:
  • JAVA Interface
    For integration in J2EE architectures (web applications or web services) and GUI applications (e.g. Swing, AWT).
  • .NET Interface
    For all .NET based programming languages in Microsoft® Windows and MONO in Linux®.
  • COM Interface
    Particularly for Microsoft® products like Office or Dynamics®, Navision®, Visual Basic® (VB, VBA, VBScript) and for embedding in HTML with Internet Explorer.
  • DLL Interface
    Generally for C/C++ implementations in Microsoft® Windows and all other applications using a DLL API.
  • Shared Library Interface
    For Linux® and UNIX® developers.
  • Command Line Interface (tfprint or TFPrint.exe)
    Cross-platform reporting component used as a stand-alone process (out-of-process report generator) or for integrating in batch jobs and shell scripts.
There is a free Demo Version of the SDK so you can take a look at it.

I guess the easiest way to use it would be to write a wrapper lib for B4J?
Is there a step by step workflow for writing a wrapper lib?

I never wrote a lib and my Java skills are not that great. So any help on that topic would be appreciated.

Thanks for your time,

Lennart