The defined Menu options disappear on the device

mozaharul

Licensed User
Hi,

As in the attached, running it form “My Documents” on the device and tried to click the “Save” menu without any value in the text box, a message appears for the missing value. At the same time the defined menu options at the bottom of the screen disappear leaving the default menu options (Up, Menu). How to retain the defined menu options at the same time when the missing value message shown ?

regards,

mozaharul

Licensed User
Hi Erel,

Since my application has multiple Forms/pages, when the title bar is removed then if user mistakenly looks for the menu options and click there, sequence of Forms/pages is broken and the application has to start again. This is the problem.

regards,

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
As a workaround you could also remove the menu line and use buttons instead of the menu.
If the menu items have more than one entry then you can use context menus on the buttons.
The buttons could be standard text buttons or imagebuttons with icons.
It's not the ideal solution, would be a lot of work to change all the menus, but would solve your problem.

Attached an example, just to show the principle.

Best regards.

mozaharul

Licensed User
Hi klaus,

At the outset, thanks a lot. Form your example I got an idea. since I'm using tab control, now I made the height of the tab control less than full screen so that the buttons for "Save", "Close" etc. could be accommodated at the bottom dropping the menu options. Its working fine.

best regards,