The Mindians (game in progress)

Discussion in 'Game Development' started by ilan, Oct 10, 2017.

1. ilan

ilan Expert Licensed User

Hello Gamers,

i am working on a new game for android.
    i had not to much time in the last week because i was working on a library for b4i to import tmx file from Tiled but i made some progress on my new game.

i need to mention that the game i have in mind is very complex and will need a lot of time to finish.
    i hope i will not give up :(

anyway, it's a nice game something like bowmaster but with more features and a unique story :)

i will post my progress in this thread so if you are interested then you should hit the "watch thread"

stay tuned ;)

2. tufanv

tufanv Expert Licensed User

can you implement a line for the angle like in the pool games which shows the angle of the shot ? It would be good.

ilan and inakigarm like this.
  3. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

@tufanv those lines are usually only show in "beginner" level's, but I agree that, with no visual indicator other than the numerical values of angle and power/strength, it will be very unattractive to many players.
    Why not a "angry birds" approach to the visual indication of those values, like having the archer incline/raise the arc according to inclination, and the string drawback for the power?

4. ilan

yes, of course, I am planning to add it. what you see now is the very much beginning.
    it will have several game modes. with lots of crazy stuff and animation.

for example a dancing animation (the animation will be continuously not like in the gif one time only!) :

dancing.gif

inakigarm likes this.
  5. ilan

this is what i am planning to do to add dots and they will change according to power and angle.

6. melonZgz

melonZgz Active Member Licensed User

I like it a lot! I think it can be a very interesting game.
    I love these WIP threads where you can see the evolution of a game...

ilan likes this.
  7. ilan

yes me too. the most thing i like is to see work of other people. it interests me how other game developers think and what technique they use.
    i think we can learn a lot from each other and become better. i am trying to learn every new game i make new things and improve my code.

for example, i have never used atlas in my game but now i am. i will also try to make lots of own animation in this game using Spriter.
    i am planning to build multiple game modes (battle modes)

so there will be a village with all mindians and you can buy new mindians and train them to get better. each mindian will have his unique behaviors and weapon.
    after you think you are ready for a battle you can go for a battle to win coins and buy new stuff for your village. so a mix of the new Mario and angry birds or Bowmaster but with my own ideas.

i think this will be a very complex game and i am afraid i will stop in the middle but i really hope that i won't stop in the middle and finish it.
    in my opinion, this game can take about 6 months. so is a long way to the finished product.