Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

As I understand it the mandatory tools to create a library for use by B4a are:

Eclipse
doclet
b4a IDE

Is there any way to just use b4a code without eclipse and compiling to xml and jar using b4a ide?

Secondly if not solely by b4a, what role does b4a IDE play in creating the Lib as I see after eclipse and doclet are completed with a build producing the xml and jar files. What does b4a compile to library do?

Sorry for asking something obvious to most but not registering in my mind clearly as yet.

Thanks

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You can compile B4A code to a Library.

upload_2017-3-13_19-34-39.png

This compiles your code and adds automatically the xml and jar file to the AdditionalLibraries folder.
You may have a look at chapter 4.5 Complie to a library in the B4X Booklet CustomViews (link in my signature).

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
You can compile B4A code to a Library.

View attachment 53729

This compiles your code and adds automatically the xml and jar file to the AdditionalLibraries folder.
You may have a look at chapter 4.5 Complie to a library in the B4X Booklet CustomViews (link in my signature).
Hi Klaus

Thats great. It now makes sense having a compule option independent of Eclipse etc.

Now I need to follow the rules with respect to exclusion of subs/methods and define events, methods and properties. Which tutorial or thread best illustrates these rules for me to follow or simple code sample would be great!

I didnt see the link on your signature of that was a proactive response my question in this reply.

Many thanx

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
you have probably set in your privacy settings that you dont want to see signatures.... Check it here

This is Klaus Signature
Hi Klaus

I think Im understanding the rules for creating a class as a precursor to compiling the library.

Can I add reference to libraries in a class in b4a and b4i IDE to reference those events, methods and properties etc.

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Klaus

I think Im understanding the rules for creating a class as a precursor to compiling the library.

Can I add reference to libraries in a class in b4a and b4i IDE to reference those events, methods and properties etc.
Oh I forgot to complete my question.

If those references are usable in the class. When I compile as a library will those still be usable and if so will I have to always ensure those libraries are included to any project using my newly created library?

Thanks

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh I forgot to complete my question.

If those references are usable in the class. When I compile as a library will those still be usable and if so will I have to always ensure those libraries are included to any project using my newly created library?

Thanks

Hi All

Is there one callback per object when ising the class events insertion into existi g events for 'native' objects?

Why Im wonderings is if my class has different methods/subs that trigger class events that are nested in each existing event will each method call require capturing the object via a callback variable to successfully retrieve a class event.

Thanks

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All

Is there one callback per object when ising the class events insertion into existi g events for 'native' objects?

Why Im wonderings is if my class has different methods/subs that trigger class events that are nested in each existing event will each method call require capturing the object via a callback variable to successfully retrieve a class event.

Thanks

Please all9w me to explain better.

My class has say 3 or more methods issued from one object that is to trigger events from an object from a referenced library. Given these facts do I need to declare more than 1 callback variable for this class object to correctly trigger and return from each of the 3 class events?

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel
Please all9w me to explain better.

My class has say 3 or more methods issued from one object that is to trigger events from an object from a referenced library. Given these facts do I need to declare more than 1 callback variable for this class object to correctly trigger and return from each of the 3 class events?

Ok will do