iOS Question This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by b4auser1, May 8, 2017.

1. b4auser1

b4auser1 Well-Known Member Licensed User

B4I ver. 3.60 and hosted builder.

I did the steps to upload an app to iTunes connect are:
    1. Compile in Release mode.
    2. Download with Tools - Build Server - Download Last Built.
    3. Upload with Tools - Build Server - Upload App to iTunes Connect.

The application is built in release mode. It works on device without connection to computer with B4i.

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Can you post the exact error message?

3. b4auser1

1 package(s) were not uploaded because they had problems:
    /var/folders/lj/wrbzzxds6b53f88_rx3x7c800000gn/T/A96F913F-FAFC-4606-85AE-E139C0397851/1234137009.itmsp - Error Messages:
    ERROR ITMS-90017: "This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory."
    2017-05-08 10:51:55.626 altool[69963:69135218] *** Error: Errors uploading 'C:\Downloads\KosherGroup.ipa': (
    "Error Domain=ITunesTransporterErrorDomain Code=-18000 \"ERROR ITMS-90017: \"This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory.\"\" UserInfo={NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=ERROR ITMS-90017: \"This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory.\", NSLocalizedDescription=ERROR ITMS-90017: \"This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory.\", NSLocalizedFailureReason=ERROR ITMS-90017: \"This bundle is invalid. The IPA format requires a top-level directory named Payload, containing only a .app bundle and optional plugins in a Plugins directory.\"}"
    )

4. b4auser1

5. b4auser1

WO: I investigated and found that my ipa file contains *.dSYM folder in Payload, though ipa file shouldn't contain it. Only app Archive.zip can contain *.dSYM folder.
    I deleted the *.dSYM folder in the ipa file and managed to upload ipa file to iTunes connect successfully.

6. Erel

I'm not sure how the dSYM folder got there. Your project references a Swift library, right? In that case it should create an IPA file instead of Archive.zip. However the issue with dSYM getting added to the IPA file should have been fixed (I'm unable to reproduce it).

7. Christian García S.

Christian García S. Active Member Licensed User

Hello, today I want to publish my app, I have the same error:

upload_2017-5-8_17-16-31.png

I have version B4I 4.0 Beta #1, MacOS Sierra with Application Loader 3.6 (1020).

I was trying to create ipa manually from tmp.zip unsuccessfully.

If a uncompress zip file and delete dSYM folder I got new errors like that:

upload_2017-5-8_18-24-13.png

Thanks.

Last edited: May 9, 2017
  8. b4auser1

This is the list of the libraries in my project.
    NumberOfLibraries=8
    Library1=icore
    Library2=isql
    Library3=ihud
    Library4=istringutils
    Library5=iui8
    Library6=ihttp
    Library7=ijson
    Library8=iphone

ipa might be created because of this ?
    Suggestion 1:
    #MinVersion: 8.0
    Suggestion 2:
    #ProvisionFile: Adhoc_001.mobileprovision

http://engineering.2359media.net/bl...an-ios-application-for-distribution-manually/
    "Usually the process of application submit / export through Xcode starts by creating an archive and this archive can be used to submit the application to Appstore directly or build an ipa file ready to be distributed manually."

9. Erel

Have you downloaded the build to the PC with Tools - Build Server - Download last build?

10. Erel

A request to any developer that encountered this issue with the hosted builder:
    Please build the app in release mode (with store certificate). Download it with Tools - Build Server - Download last build and try to submit it.
    If it fails then please send me archive.zip to erel@basic4ppc.com.

11. b4auser1

12. Erel

This is expected. You cannot upload applications to the store signed with an ad hoc certificate.

b4auser1 likes this.
  13. tufanv

tufanv Expert Licensed User

Erel,

I am exmperiencing in now, build with store certificate but getting error : ERROR ITMS-90017
    I wanted to send you the file as you requested but there are no acrchive files , just a tmp and ipa file. I dont have any swift libraries in my app.

14. tufanv

tufanv Expert Licensed User

I found out that stg happened to my provision file , I created a new one and it is ok now.

15. Erel

This happens when you use a non-store provision profile.

tufanv likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice