Android Question This is not really a question more of a Thanks!

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Lary Yenta, Mar 2, 2015.

1. Lary Yenta

Lary Yenta Member Licensed User

Hi folks,

First of all, while I have worked a lot developing databases for Windows, this is my first attempt to do the same for Android. I was somewhat intimidated at first but the community here has been great! No, strike that, the community here has been FANTASTIC!

I needed to be able to work with 5 different tables inb the database and at first it was not clear to me how to do it. I looked through Klaus's EXCELLENT B4A Guide and when something wasn't clear, I would come here to read through the tutorials or some of the examples. I started using Klaus's SQLiteLight examples as a starting point and went from there. About 2 hours ago, I have my data entry screens almost complete; I realize that I still have quite a bit more to do BUT I am truly pumped by this language!

This week, I will be showing my first prototype of the application to a group of diabetes educators. I wanted to thank some of the folks here for all the help! First of all, Erel, B4A is a fantastic product and something that has made programming fun for me again! Klaus, you ROCK dude! Excellent Guide and really great examples. Mashiane, I am going through your stuff right now to see if I can get some graphs working for my meeting this week!

Well, it is late and I am getting tired, for people who are struggling, read through the Guide, it really is great to get you knowing the basics. i know that I will have a crapton more questions but I am really enjoying this! Thanks again folks!!!

Cheers,

Lary

walterf25, Sub7, mangojack and 7 others like this.
  2. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

wich diabetics type group are you targeting?
    My daughter is a type 1 diabetic since 4 yo...
    I would be interested in helping out in testing...

walterf25 likes this.
  3. Lary Yenta

Lary Yenta Member Licensed User

Cableguy,

Of course, I would LOVE for your daughter to try out the App! Like I said, I still have a bunch of things to do but I will keep you posted as to how the demo goes and how things are coming along. Not sure if you know but I had to have about half of my left foot amputated because of my diabetes (the amputation happened because I did not monitor myself closely enough). Learning B4A is really a salvation for me because it keeps me occupied and it keeps my mind working.

I will send you a private message just to get the ball rolling!

Cheers,

Lary

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice