Android Question To many permissions leadbolt

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
All though I have inititalised only a interstitial with leadbolt with ad.initialise("interstitial code")
the app is asking for all permisions availlable !! ?o_O
I am only ading these two permisions to manifest editor!!
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>
https://www.dropbox.com/s/kpmvxfw7dha4e3d/New Bitmap Image.bmp

I even tried to delete all other options in the app page on dasbord but this did not change much
When you ad new app all options are inserted in the app .

extras from help text file
. In the AddManifestTest block add the following permissions:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.INTERNET"/>

7. Optional Permissions are:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION"/>
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.ACCESS_LOCATION_EXTRA_COMMANDS"/>

8. Permissions for Re-Engagements:
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.WAKE_LOCK" />
<uses-permission android:name="android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED" />

9. If using Re-Engagements, please add the following Receivers and Services inside the AddApplicationText block.
<receiver android:name="com.<sdkpackagename>.ReEngagement" />
<service android:name="com.<sdkpackagename>.ReEngagementService" />

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Comme back to tell you that found the problem . in the ide B4A all permisions 6 more than normal for an interstitial is loaded automaticaly in manifest editor .
I manually edited the manifest editor and deleted the unwanted permissions.
Now all my app runs as expected with INTERNET & ACCESS_NETWORK_STATE

Solution for b4a members : mark option do not overide manifest editor , increment the app version and generate apk
and manually edit manifest editor adding the permissions required .

:) finally

Upvote 0

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know but if the wrapper copy unwanted permisions to manifest file ?? They do not appear in manifest editor ! The result is adding permisions to a simple kids game that would end up to unistalls and drop of daily instals .

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I know but if the wrapper copy unwanted permisions to manifest file ?? They do not appear in manifest editor ! The result is adding permisions to a simple kids game that would end up to unistalls and drop of daily instals .
The RemovePermission keyword allows you to remove the permissions added by other libraries.

Upvote 0

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
RemovePermission(android.permission.ACCESS_FINE_LOCATION)
RemovePermission(android.permission.ACCESS_LOCATION_EXTRA_COMMANDS)
RemovePermission(android.permission.RECEIVE_BOOT_COMPLETED)
RemovePermission(android.permission.WAKE_LOCK)
RemovePermission(android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE)
RemovePermission(android.permission.READ_PHONE_STATE)
'RemovePermission(android.permission.ACCESS_COARSE_LOCATION)

I have a lot of questions regarding the coarse_location ... I on leadbolt configuration it ask whether your active users are male of female
and the percent of usage ...why are the same ads showed on all interstial ?
I do not understand how they rotate ads ... 1 month of showing same 5 interstitial ads ???
I begin to wonder how small is the world ...does leadbolt run out of advertisers ..were I am doing wrong ?
:confused::rolleyes:o_O

Upvote 0

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
On some portals (i.e. SlideMe) the Apps, using the standard permissions from leadbolt, are rejected with exactly this reason: Too many permissions.
So, the removePremission option is very good for that - will try it, too.

Where in the manifest i have to place the shown snippet ?

Upvote 0

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
i did - but then LeadBold Ads aren't shown anymore (of course)
Maybe @hookshey can tell us more.

Upvote 0

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not using leadbolt any more . Why ?
Main reason is that AVG antivirus is founding leadbolt ads as threat , another colleg here lost 1000 users in one day due to that reason.
Banner can be very difficult to implement, you can not define the position of your banner inside a pannel .it can be only top , botom or midle.
First I had this problem with permisions I had published app with the all permisions posible until I found that I must add remove permision option as described above that works just fine.
Html banner is implementing realy easy but has a major problem you must handle yourself the clicks ...Clicks is going to their servers but nothing happens for the users as you must define you click event to redirect to native browser and then on activity resume to reload the leadbolt disyplay ads adress which was for me very frustrating . User click the banner it must be redirected to get finaly the install that you will be paid for and then handle again the new html leadbolt adress.

Guys I gues not running from one company to another seeking bigger ecpm will rise your revenue , but at least it can be a decent aproach.
- Important is to have good fill rate in the country your most of trafic stand still,
- Good implementation and configuration of package and banner , positions and intertitial
- good support

think more about how many users you have and then the results should come .. I am still waiting but this is not the point .

Upvote 0

GMan

Licensed User
Longtime User
AVG antivirus is founding leadbolt ads as threat
Doesn't that happen with all ads/adins, that use such scripts ?

Banner can be very difficult to implement
THIS point i see different, 'cause you dont have to "place" the Ads and make them screen depended (this all makes leadBolt)

To the rest i agree - i'm using the LeadBolt Ads now only in 2 apps.

Upvote 0

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am not so interested to find out why this is happening.
Users unnistall genneraly when :
Do not like app colors,
do not like a button ,
the app does not start as fast as he wanted to,
he has a bad day
to lasy to read instructions,
and a million others reason
What do you thing will happen after receiving the folowing message:
<The following app is a threat to your phone security !>:rolleyes:

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
<The following app is a threat to your phone security !>

Why not post as note in the app's description. Like : "Some antivirus are wrongly detecting that our app is a threat and those companies were warned about"

Upvote 0

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
:confused: what ? Do your realy think this should work.
Man generally fewer people give time to details like this one ... theare are hundred of similar app without no threat or complications ...
Imagine that I am an AVG User and I realy installed this app because I trust it ...

Your field on description and what is new must be filled in with usefull information that must get more and more installs and not
with some attentions .
I realy advise people to avoid filling the what is new field but with information about what is realy exciting about this app
Avoid showning on front the word : BUG , Please do , Please consider , We have some problems, I hope you like it ...or any other stuff

Please judge the folowing What is new statement :

"Some antivirus are wrongly detecting that our app is a threat

Or

"new version runs faster that ever with new custom define rules ...

Which one do you think fits best for your app succes ?? :)

Upvote 0

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
How should the user trust ..my message that is probably not seen at the install moment or my trustly antivirus
Sorry I am probably too romantic but I honestly believe on the developer's honesty :)

You are right about the first one ;)

Upvote 0

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thats fiction ... there is not such think ...
I invite other to tell me how many times they convinced a user after uninstalling the app and giving 1,2 stars and a bad review to comme back and test the same app .
that got his mind to hell !
What is bad is that ... users that are not interested in the app leave comments and leave ..
It is better to answer bad review in decent manner . ... Your answer Lemmonis is suited when user review : Found virus .. then you should not leave the things as they are and come back with your defense .;)

Upvote 0