To tune automaticaly a standard guitar...

Discussion in 'Questions (Windows Mobile)' started by wahwah, May 21, 2009.

1. wahwah

wahwah Member Licensed User

... need to identify and compare the input data with the stored one. Is this realizable with b4p?

Sub
    If ^ = yes then how
    End Sub

ThxInAdvc

Last edited: May 22, 2009
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

We need some more information. Where does the input data come from? How does it look? What is the stored data?

3. wahwah

sure, well, as input data i mean the played note e.g.: on a guitar, received from my device over the microphone and of course as stored data i mean the saved *.wav or *.mp3 or whatever files to compare with the received one.

The device sould finally emulate an autotuner device for music instruments.

4. LineCutter

LineCutter Active Member Licensed User

Harmonics & local acoustics would play havoc with comparison to a .wav. I suspect that you'd need to do some interesting maths to find the main underlying frequency of your note & then see if it was close enough to call "in tune".

Anyone fancy writing FFT.dll>

5. wahwah

yes LineCutter, You hit it. Exactly that what i mean but, i search in vain till yet for the "fft.dll". Could You please spacify me where to find it.

Cheers

6. LineCutter

Generally agraham writes something that does 4 times the things required, including things you haven't yet thought of, in about 30 minutes from.... now
    :sign0013:

AFAIK there is no fft.dll for B4PPC

7. wahwah

Well LineCutter, then let us cut the line and wait for the opportunity.

8. LineCutter

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice