Today I will receive bad words from Erel ^_^

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
upload_2016-5-25_16-17-33-png.44387

ArgoUML, open source.

If you choose Java, as I did, you get Java language source code ("Sorgente"). You could choose:
upload_2016-5-25_16-29-6.png

Soon B4J, B4A, B4X too

:p

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
You really want to be hated, dear Luca :mad:
Is it able to create services, manage SQL databases, and so on ? ;)

More seriously, do you like its workflow (it should be difficult to switch from Basic to UML, no ?)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You really want to be hated, dear Luca :mad:
Is it able to create services, manage SQL databases, and so on ? ;)

More seriously, do you like its workflow (it should be difficult to switch from Basic to UML, no ?)

It is difficult to "switch" from UML to Basic if there is not a Basic generator :)

I'm sure :p Erel will add B4X to ArgoUML, given his answer:
I don't think that inheritance will ever be added to the language.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I was joking, as too often I do :D, but do you think that a complex project like B4X does not need a way to organize well all stuff?

I do not wonder at all if Erel used a UML editor.

Yes, B4X is not a simple app, but...!

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have often thought to use some tools to develop and above all to maintain a project of large or medium size.

UML seems to be the most useful tool (editors UML).

But I also thought of developing a tool by myself. It should allow me to create simple rectangles, containing texts, connected together and, by double-clicking on one of them, go deeper. In short, a tool to manage blocks, each of which can contain other "sub diagrams". It should not be difficult to develop and could be useful.

upload_2016-5-26_15-36-7.png

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
I thought of using a microphone and tell the PC as the app needs to function and it develops all.
Well, could be hazardous because the device needs some new permissions for speech recognition.

Seriously : imagine the time needed to create such wonderful app :)

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have often thought to use some tools to develop and above all to maintain a project of large or medium size.

UML seems to be the most useful tool (editors UML).

But I also thought of developing a tool by myself. It should allow me to create simple rectangles, containing texts, connected together and, by double-clicking on one of them, go deeper. In short, a tool to manage blocks, each of which can contain other "sub diagrams". It should not be difficult to develop and could be useful.

View attachment 44424

I need only a way to save the structure (in memory and on disk). Can I do it using Maps (containing Maps) and save all easily?

Last edited: