Top 5 App User Interface Trends 2017

wonder

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Cards.gif

Just follow the link:
http://inspirationfeed.com/articles/design-articles/top-5-user-interface-design-trends-in-2017/

lemonisdead

Licensed User
Longtime User
You are not a minority, we are at least two. I dislike animations because having the feeling they slow down the reactivity. When I am able to disable them for my own use, I do without regrets.
And for the cards above, I wonder if, after the first wow effect, they are usable or provide the human improvement they claim to.

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
And then there were threeā€¦ (does this translate to other languages?)

I also find animations to be distracting.

I think after the initial two minutes of "Ooo, Wow" animations are counterproductive and become more of a burden than a simple, straightforward, well thought out interface that allows one to efficiently use the app for its intended purpose.

Barry.

Lahksman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Although I'm not a fan of using such elaborate animations, it's often a decisive factor for customers to purchase a certain app.

I see it all the time at work. We develop ERP software and our focus is on the performance and functionality, not the graphics. Because of that it happens that we lose a sale, or get remarks, because our competitors put more focus on the visual aspect.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
And then there were threeā€¦ (does this translate to other languages?)
Three and a half, since I am at 50%

For me the collapsing toolbar may even have a functional sense and gives a 'touch of modernity' to the app. All the rest is just to say "wow, how good" but I wouldn't include it in my apps.

MikeH

Licensed User
Longtime User
I prefer the sleek, minimalist, but smart look over swishy animations and such. Certain tasks I do for a purpose - to gather info etc, not to be entertained. All those cycles can be put to use getting the task done quicker.

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
with such UI you need to give users an explanation on how to use it.

It doesn't make sense to me that you need to move the content up or down get to the menu or out of it.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm a dinosaur, I'd prefer to be without them as well. I didn't even like the windows 10 gui when it came out.

But, users are fickle, like flashy things and don't understand that it makes no difference to the quality of the underlying app. It just needs to emulate the latest sci-fi blockbuster UI's.

DMW

Licensed User
Longtime User
I dislike it because it's distracting.

From my point of view, because most end users (in their professions) are used to have no influence on the GUI they simple are forced to accept what they get. Is it with animation then ok is it without then ok.

If all developers would stop adding animation to their solutions I doubt that any end user(s) will request to have it.