Touch screen phone dev? Do I need a future version?

ScCrow

I downloaded the free version and have been playing with it. So far, I like the product and am actually surprised at how well things are working.

Im looking to develop apps such as those for the IPhone except doing it for the MS Phone. Visual Studio 2008 Professional is a bit costly for me. I have not as yet determined that I can do those touchy things with this software. I think, but am not sure, that I saw somewhere that is going to be some new version of the software.

So,, the question is... Is this an app I can use.. do I need to wait for a coming version and if so...estimated time of arrival. etc.

Thanks
ScCrow

Ariel_Z

Licensed User
You can, however, develop application for MS phones as you asked. Basic4ppc application run on touch screen phones such as the Samsung Omnia, HTC (touch, diamond, hd and so on) and many more - every model that runs WM.

Basic4ppc has some specific libraries, such as the bList and SamLib (Samsung omnia library: http://www.b4x.com/forum/official-updates/4938-samlib-basic4ppc-samsung-mobile-phones.html) that will allow you to take advantage of the modern features of mobile phones.

Please don't hesitate to use the forum for any questions you have. There are users on the forum with experience in mobile phone development.

Mr_Gee

Licensed User
Longtime User
Im looking to develop apps such as those for the IPhone except doing it for the MS Phone. Visual Studio 2008 Professional is a bit costly for me. I have not as yet determined that I can do those touchy things with this software.

those touchy applications can be made with B4P, probably even with the same look and feel, but it will require work..
If I were you i'd already try to build something that looks and feels like a iphone app (using the free version) the forum members are very helpful,
and they don't mind helping others.

I just renewed my B4P subscription*, but I no longer have a WM phone :)

* this is not required but it entitles you to new versions

ScCrow

Thanks for the replys people. Im not interested in doing IPhone apps... but I think that the touch thing is the way to go. So, as you said, I have some work to do. I just didnt want to spend a lot of time on the platform if it was not in the end going to allow me to do what I want.

thanks again... Im sure I will be posting more questions (like a crypto one to go out soon I have it working but its not handling crlf or tabs :)