Share My Creation Tower Mania - a little simple game

Hello All,

At first I had to say, that I am very happy to found Basic4Android, and I would like to thank you all your help.

My first Android app is a clone of the Towers of Hanoi. It is free and there is no ads on it. You can download it from the Market

I wanted to focus on the movements of the discs. First I tried use canvas layers (every disc was on different canvas) but the movements were very slow even on strong hardware. Later I drawed the items into one canvas, but then it was hard to solve, not to erase the other discs when I move one of them. Unfortunately it was also slow.
The final solution was that instead of canvases I simply use imageviews to draw the discs in one normal panel. I think it is very fast now. What do you think guys?

Ideally it must works on every resolution.

Some features:

- Three different disc kits (wood, stone, metal)
- Sound effects
- Configurable number of disks
- Saves your settings and game progress (into text files)
- Local high score tables for every level

Attachments

• SC20120207-083904.jpg
    SC20120207-083904.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 7,710
  • SC20120212-211618.jpg
    SC20120212-211618.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 364
  • SC20120207-083833.jpg
    SC20120207-083833.jpg
    18 KB · Views: 353

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Works great on my old hero. No problems with the speed of the program, just the speed of my brain trying to solve it!

Sent from my Hero using Tapatalk

dagnabitboy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Looks great in both my DroidX and Visio tablet. I've attached a screenshot from my tablet.

Attachments

• shot_000002.jpg
    shot_000002.jpg
    13.3 KB · Views: 287

JogiDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Appears to have little problems with my Samsung Galaxy Note (1280*800, 285dpi)

SDC10067.JPG

SDC10068.JPG

SDC10069.JPG

Malark

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oops, it looks not too good. Thanks for the pictures.
I made the screens by runtime, not with the designer, and I watch only the Activity.width parameter. This works fine on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (also 1280x800). Could you tell me how can I get back the dpi measure of the device? Or is there any better way to handle the different densities?

MrRey

Licensed User
Longtime User
Works fine on my Impulse (Huawei U8800-51). Will try it on a low-end tablet later & report.

JogiDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oops, it looks not too good. Thanks for the pictures.
I made the screens by runtime, not with the designer, and I watch only the Activity.width parameter. This works fine on Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1 (also 1280x800). Could you tell me how can I get back the dpi measure of the device? Or is there any better way to handle the different densities?

I have not been programming much lately with B4A.. but I assume if using "dip" (device independend pixel..) units (or % units) then everything should look pretty much same in all resolutions and sizes (some scaling or layout might be needed for different aspect ratio screens 16:9, 4:3)
But that is just from my fragile memory.. :)

Malark

Licensed User
Longtime User
Could you try it again, JogiDroid? I have just uploaded a new update to the Market. I hope it will be good on Galaxy Note also. Leastwise it was good on the emulator. Thank you in advance.

JogiDroid

Licensed User
Longtime User
Could you try it again, JogiDroid? I have just uploaded a new update to the Market. I hope it will be good on Galaxy Note also. Leastwise it was good on the emulator. Thank you in advance.

Yep, works fine now :) Gfx look nice too!

nad

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's working fine on my sg2. Really nice looking game, a lot of attention to detail on design, sound and everything. 5 stars from me. Thanks a lot for sharing with us!!

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk 2