Wish Treeview in designer (expand/collapse option)

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all,
How about this for an idea. Being able to stop the treeview in the designer from constantly expending fully.

I have a weather widget with 14 panels linked to the main widget panel. All the panels keep expanding even after I close them all. It's easier to work with just one parent open at a time rather than seeing all parents and childes nodes open at the same time, plus it's annoying. For example I will right click on a panel and select bring to front and freeview will expand all the panels again, thus I have to go through all the panels click collapse(-) manually. This is just painful as with the treeview fully expanded, it is rather difficult to concentrate on just one panel.

Being able to right click on any of the panels selecting expand or collapse to expend or collapse all the panels(parents and childes) underneath it would be a great idea in my opinion, and a logical one. Or having an option to switch on/off auto expending the treeview would be even better.

Cheers...

Last edited:

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You added it, cheers @Erel,
This small addition to a huge designer redesign makes it for me. Expand, Collapse and Reordering the views was all I personally wanted added to the designer, and BOOOOOOOM you've added them and much much much more.

Thank you...