Trial Basic

colin9876

Licensed User
Hi Everyone,
New to this site, thinking about using BasicPPC for my development. So far I like what I see.
2 questions

1) what limitations are there if I start with the free trial? Can I still save programs etc?

2) How does it compare to things like NS basic?

Thanks

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
To answer question 2 please look at this link and the link contained within...http://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?t=792&highlight=NSBasic

@Erel...
When I first came across B4PPC I don't recall the 30 day limitation on the device (although it only took me a couple of days to decide to purchase the full version ;)). is this a new feature of version 5.8?

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree, 30 days is plenty of time. I just couldn't remember having that when I first joined the club. I'm guessing it will soon be time for me to renew.
Keep up the good work Erel :sign0188:

Regards,
RandomCoder

colin9876

Licensed User
Thanks for the info. It looks great so far, Ive been looking for a program like this for ages, that allows me to develop on the pda itself.

Just out of interest who wrote it, and what language is it written in?
Must have taken ages to develop - Im suprised it is not more well known already - Im sure the rewards will come to the author eventually - but still credit to whoever developed this. Was it a big company team effort with lots of money behind them or a one man 'labour of love' to get this Basic development tool up to such a high standard?

Last edited:

bdiscount

Licensed User
basic4ppc vs nsbasic

Dollar for dollar NS doesn't come close to b4ppc. No exe in NS, Support poor. I had NS before B4ppc and put it aside and got B4ppc twice. I have tried other s and still stay with B4ppc. There is none better that allows developement on device. :sign0188:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I had NS before B4ppc and put it aside and got B4ppc
So did I. NS basic was/is reliant upon a deprecated Microsoft technology (embedded VB), it may or may not be now. B4PPC is .NET based and more importantly (to me at least) readily extensible by adding libraries. No contest!