iOS Question Trouble with Open file with external app

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I have followed the tutorial and succeeded in registering my app in order to open some certain specific files (PNG and JPG)

So if I open an image attached to a mail or a whatsapp picture, my app will appear as one of the options to open it with.

However, if I do the same operation from the native Photo application of my Iphone, my app isn't listed, whatever I try.

Anybody has had the same issue? Can it be related to the fact that with the Photos application, the open action allows it to be made with multiple images at the same time, and something additional is needed (#PlistExtra) ?

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think I'm having a bit of trouble with it...:(

According to this link, it wasn't possible at that moment. Is it still true or is there a working solution with #Plist ?

Just to describe the situation:
  • The app should be able to open images, either from inside the same app, or externally. Then let the user work with them and later save or share the result.
  • Regarding the 'open externally' need seems to be that there are two scenarios:
    • The "Open in" option works correctly (the app appears listed) tested with mail or whatsapp attachments.
    • For the IOS Photos app, if it is the "Share" dialog the one that is being shown, so I need to also register the app as a share extension so that it appears.
Will keep trying

Upvote 0