Android Question Two different slidesmenus

Tom1s

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

I have to ask ...is there a way to change the sliding menu so that it pushes actionbar away or not? Could it be initialization order?

First picture is with Appcompat and slidingMenuwrapper and second is with stdactionbar and slidingMenuwrapper and appcompat theme.

I have tried several sliders and actionbars to see which looks the best still not sure...

Can somebody give/point a example how to style the menu better? Color text etc.

Thank you.

Attachments

• slide.jpg
    slide.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 268
  • slide2.jpg
    slide2.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 234
Last edited:

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've been reading up on Material Design using @corwin42 how to guides and I believe it is now preferred to use a ToolBar instead of the stdActionBar. And with this I think it is possible to hide the ToolbarBar.
I've only just started looking into it so I'm not 100% sure. If you search for "Material" you will find all 4 parts. It's worthwhile starting from the first one!

Upvote 0

Tom1s

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes that appcompat is just that in material design guides. I have made a some progress here in one month but still I read this foorum many hours a day =)

This is with appcompat,jfeinstein10 sliding menu and customlistview. Still need to switch colors and add pictured front of texts. I have no idea yet but trial and error =)
So I think this is propaply the normal way how menu works with toolbar:

Attachments

• slide3.jpg
    slide3.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 189
Upvote 0

RandomCoder

Licensed User
Longtime User
..."I have made a some progress here in one month but still I read this foorum many hours a day =)"...

Same here and I think that I am also working on a similar project, at least for the moment!
It looks to me like the jfeinstein10 library maybe the best option and a toolbar as explained in the material design tutorial (Material Design 3 - Using a ToolBar as ActionBar)

With the new Toolbar it is possible by code to hide or show the toolbar and by using the jfeinstein10 library I have just found that it is possible to fire an event when a menu is opened...jfeinstein10 SlidingMenu library

I've not got it all fully working yet but think that it is the correct approach. Unless one of the B4A experts can suggest a better method?

Upvote 0