Android Question Unable to compile due to manifest error

David J. Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have never had a problem compiling until yesterday when I received this error message:

Parsing code. 0.00
Compiling code. 0.07
Compiling layouts code. 0.02
Generating R file. Error
..\Assets\values\styles.xml:3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/Theme.Holo.Wallpaper'.
..\Assets\values-v19\styles.xml:3: error: Error retrieving parent for item: No resource found that matches the given name '@android:style/Theme.Holo.Wallpaper'.
..\Assets\values-v19\styles.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowTranslucentNavigation'.
..\Assets\values-v19\styles.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowTranslucentStatus'.

It happens on most of my programs now, which were working. I tried compiling a simple lockscreen program that I found on your forum and which was working but does not now. I then tried Test.zip on your forum which is the "Hello World" sample and this did compile correctly. I deleted the text from the manifest on the lockscreen to install the default text, but I still received the same error. Does anyone have any suggestions?

David J. Smith

Licensed User
Longtime User
It is not related to the manifest file.

Seems like you need to reference a more recent version of android.jar (under Tools - Configure Paths).
Thank you Erel. It seems I had it set for android-10 and, although I never changed this setting, it did work a few days ago. I also have available android-14 and android-15. I tried both and this did decrease the number of errors to 2, but I still could not compile of course. Is there a later version I should be downloading? Also, should I be changing the manifest line of text shown in red below to agree with this change?

AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="4" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
android:normalScreens="true"
android:smallScreens="true"
android:anyDensity="true"/>)

Error message:
Parsing code. 0.01
Compiling code. 0.06
Compiling layouts code. 0.01
Generating R file. Error
..\Assets\values-v19\styles.xml:5: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowTranslucentNavigation'.
..\Assets\values-v19\styles.xml:4: error: Error: No resource found that matches the given name: attr 'android:windowTranslucentStatus'.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0