iOS Question Unable to install "App Name". Please try again later.

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Hi,

I can no longer install an app on my iphone-X with iOS 14.5, I always get this error message.
The installation works without problems on all other Apple devices with iOS 12+.
The provisioning profile is of course correct.

Does anyone know the problem?

1619809751014.png

Computersmith64

Licensed User
It could be one (or more) of a number of issues. Take a look here to maybe point you in the right direction...

- Colin.

Upvote 0

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
It could be one (or more) of a number of issues. Take a look here to maybe point you in the right direction...

- Colin.
Hi Colin,
I've searched several forums for answers but haven't found a solution.

This error message comes when I try to debug or install with "B4i-Bridge".
If I install the app on my Mac via AirDrop, it works fine, but I can't debug this way.

Upvote 0

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
It was a problem with 14.5 beta. And remains in release.
It seems to me correct question is 'Does B4iBridge work under IOS 14.5 ?'
This question may only be answered by Erel.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
B4i-Bridge works with iOS 14.5.

OTA installation will not work with iOS 14.5 and a local builder. It works with the hosted builder. You need to use Apple Configurator 2 option. AC2 is preferred over OTA anyway and is recommended for all versions.

Upvote 0

Filippo

Expert
Licensed User
Thank you for the info Erel!
I did not know anything about this solution.

Upvote 0

b4x-de

Licensed User
Even after installing latest iOS update 14.8 the problem remains. (I dont think it is a bug in iOS.)

I miss B4i-Bridge for wireless debugging. I'm currently working with physical objects labeled with QR-Code and NFC-Tag. Since using Apple Configurator 2 the USB cable limits scanning of the objects... Is there a chance to get B4i-Bridge working?

Upvote 0