iOS Question Unable to install B4i-Bridge

MitchBu

Licensed User
I had succeeded on my iPhone 7, but the iPad proves to be more challenging.

I installed the B4i profile, and proceeded to build B4i-Bridge.

Everything seems to work just fine, and I get to the screen where I can download using the QR code.

I scan the QR code, click "Install App", and it never installs. When I tap on the still gray icon, I get a Msgbox saying "Unable to install "B4i-Bridge" Please try again later.

Now, I am puzzled with the point 2. "Make sure that the provisioning profile includes the target device UDID".

How do I get that UDID ?

Which provisioning profile are we talking about ? How do I generate it and install it ?

TIA

Last edited by a moderator:

Erel

Administrator
Staff member
Licensed User
Upvote 0

MitchBu

Licensed User
OK. I tried to follow your tutorials as closely as possible, but this is what I get in the Compile (Build Defaults) window, which has a red bar above. I don't understand what I should do. I have created a new private sign key, but that does not seem to help.

B4X:
B4i Version: 6.80
Parsing code.    (0.00s)
Building folders structure.    (0.02s)
Compiling code.    (0.00s)
Building designer app.    (0.01s)
Building Xcode project    (0.15s)
Sending data to remote compiler.    Error
Out: Command line invocation:
    /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -configuration Release PRODUCT_NAME=B4i-Bridge CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/erel/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload "CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=iPhone Distribution: Michel Bujardet (5Q9GY3J7MT)" "OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=--keychain <user id>" PROVISIONING_PROFILE=62aed3f6-b354-4633-8ad5-30def591b6bd -arch armv7 -arch arm64

Build settings from command line:
    ARCHS = armv7 arm64
    CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution: Michel Bujardet (5Q9GY3J7MT)
    CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/erel/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
    OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
    PRODUCT_NAME = B4i-Bridge
    PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 62aed3f6-b354-4633-8ad5-30def591b6bd

note: Using new build system
note: Planning build
note: Constructing build description
error: Missing private key for signing certificate. Failed to locate the private key matching certificate "iPhone Distribution: Michel Bujardet (5Q9GY3J7MT)" in the keychain. To sign with this signing certificate, install its private key in your keychain. If you don't have the private key, select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY in the build settings editor. (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

Error: ** BUILD FAILED **

Upvote 0

f0raster0

Licensed User
if you created a new key then you have to create new certificates and provisionfile, better delete everything and start from scratch

and then:

make sure you added the UDID of your iPad on Apple Developer account, every time that you add a new device you have to go to Apple and update the devices. then download the new provisiofile

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MitchBu

Licensed User
The error is pretty explicit, though:
error: Missing private key for signing certificate. Failed to locate the private key matching certificate "iPhone Distribution: Michel Bujardet (5Q9GY3J7MT)" in the keychain. To sign with this signing certificate, install its private key in your keychain. If you don't have the private key, select a different signing certificate for CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY in the build settings editor. (in target 'B4iProject' from project 'B4iProject')

My problem is, that certificate "iPhone Distribution: Michel Bujardet (5Q9GY3J7MT)" is present in the keys folder, and has been installed in the system.

I had hoped there was some hint about what to do in such case.

I ran through the couple tutorials twice already. My fear is that if that do that again, the result will be the same.

keys.PNG

certificate.PNG

Upvote 0

MitchBu

Licensed User
@Erel, I am sorry to tag you again, but I really need your assistance.

For the third time, I followed scrupulously your instructions in the two videos at

and

I really hope you can tell me what to do.

Please help.

Thank you in advance.

The error report clearly states I need a private key matching certificate "iPhone Distribution: Michel Bujardet (5Q9GY3J7MT)". I am sorry, but there is no mention in your tutorial of such a private key for that particular certificate. I am using hosted builder. If that makes any difference.

Unless it is the private sign key setup in the project ?

Here is the private sign key I created as new:

private sign.PNG

Here my keys folder:

keys folder.PNG

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MitchBu

Licensed User
This error happens when the certificate and provision profile do not match. Delete all files in the keys folder and start from scratch. It will work.

I assume that you are using the hosted builder.

Yes, I do use the hosted builder.

OK. I will try a third time, and make sure the provision profile matches the certificate.

Thank you Erel.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

MitchBu

Licensed User
Hi Erel,

Again, I followed scrupulously every step in the tutorial.

Here is the content of the Keys folder:

keys folder.PNG

Unfortunately, I still get exactly the same error:

I may be wrong, but it seems somehow the hosted Mac does not see the p12 and keystore. This would be the missing private key, right ?

Would it be conceivable that they failed to be installed in the hosted Mac keychain at compile time ? Is it possible to check on that Mac ?

Is it possible to reset the Mac ?

I am sorry to bug you, but as it stands, I am stuck and cannot use B4i.

B4i Version: 6.80
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Building folders structure. (0.02s)
Compiling code. (0.00s)
Building designer app. (0.01s)
Building Xcode project (0.13s)
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
Out: Command line invocation:
/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -configuration Release PRODUCT_NAME=B4i-Bridge CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR=/Users/erel/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload "CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY=iPhone Distribution: Michel Bujardet (5Q9GY3J7MT)" "OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS=--keychain <user id>" PROVISIONING_PROFILE=00e1d9f6-563d-4e6b-9f39-a414408f2273 -arch armv7 -arch arm64

Build settings from command line:
ARCHS = armv7 arm64
CODE_SIGN_IDENTITY = iPhone Distribution: Michel Bujardet (5Q9GY3J7MT)
CONFIGURATION_BUILD_DIR = /Users/erel/Documents/UploadedProjects/<user id>/Payload
OTHER_CODE_SIGN_FLAGS = --keychain <user id>
PRODUCT_NAME = B4i-Bridge
PROVISIONING_PROFILE = 00e1d9f6-563d-4e6b-9f39-a414408f2273

note: Using new build system
note: Planning build
note: Constructing build description

Attachments

• 1609074454079.png
    1609074454079.png
    27.7 KB · Views: 47
Upvote 0

roumei

Licensed User
I'm not sure that it's related but why is your certificate ios_distribution.cer younger than the csr file? From my understanding, the csr file is created first and used to create the distribution certificate.

Upvote 0