Android Question Unable to instantiate activity ComponentInfo etc.

ashton293

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a portfolio of apps that I have recently upgraded to accommodate changes brought about by the implementation of Firebase.

I have noted that since the 28th October the apps that are in the public domain have been crashing and while I have worked on one of the apps to try to ensure the android manifest is properly structured I am still to resolve the issues. I obtain the same errors when I use Firebase's Test Lab [in Robo mode].

The error message that I obtain from Firebase Crash Reporting is attached.

I have also attached the "Test Issues" Page and the "Log" pages [with Error messages only] to see if someone can let me know how to resolve my issues.

[The app I have been working on compiles and works for me - but it doesn't in the Firebase Test Lab]

Thank you.

Attachments

• Error and above Logs from Test Lab.pdf
    150.3 KB · Views: 572
  • Test Issues page from test lab.pdf
    57.4 KB · Views: 1,224
  • Errors from app users.pdf
    53.1 KB · Views: 398

ashton293

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Erel,

I have been able to have the app pass the Test Lab on Firebase by removing the following from my Android Manifest:

Code:

<activity android:name=".Main">

<intent-filter android:autoVerify="true">

<action android:name="android.intent.action.MAIN" />

<category android:name="android.intent.category.LAUNCHER" />

</intent-filter>

</activity>

End of Code

I am using the Starter service.

To test the effect of this change I used the B4a Bridge to my tablet and managed to crash the app twice. The log is attached and shows a Fatal signal 11 (SIGSEGV) at xxxxxxxx (code =y) - the two codes I have received are code 1 and code 6.

I have also located this comment on Stack Overflow: http://stackoverflow.com/questions/...gv-at-0x636f7d89-code-1-how-can-it-be-tracked. [Which is a little beyond me.]

There was also another occasion where I could not crash the app at all.

To obtain a more detailed log I have run through the emulator as well it is also attached. I was unable to crash the app on the emulator.

[I am using v6.31 - and I am using SDK Tools 25.2.2 / Platform Tools 25 / API25 v1 / Android Support Repository v39/google play services 37 / google repository 38]

Attachments

• B4a Logs when IDE used.pdf
    240.3 KB · Views: 372
Upvote 0