Android Question Unable to sign aab bundle with the new jks keystore

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I can no longer release new apps because the signing of the new aab bundle fails.

Since i have a new app i created new keystore as described in the tutorials using this command line :

1.keytool -genkey -v -keystore hookshy.jks -keyalg RSA -keysize 2048 -validity 10000 -alias b4a
Success

2.Then using a tool from google play console i have run with a comand prompt window this command
java -jar pepk.jar --keystore=hookshy.jks --alias=b4a --output=output.zip --include-cert --encryptionkey=eb10fe8f7c7c9df715022017b00c647.............myencrption key..............................2761fb833b656cd48b9de6a

i have generated an output.zip that i have uploaded to google play
Response success: Releases signed by Google Play ... Great

3.How do i sign the aab bundle because it seems it is a conflic with the b4a ide signing key ?

#SignKeyFile: G:\Public\Gabi2020\b4a\hookshy.jks
#SignKeyPassword: hookshy
#SignKeyAlgorithm: -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg SHA256withRSA
This rise a lot of errros that i can not understand

But what about the old PRIVATE SIGN KEY from tools ?

Q: Does Google play accept the old DSA ...can this old keystore be encapsulated in a keystore type jks ...?
Algorithm: -digestalg SHA1 -sigalg SHA1withDSA is the old sign algoritm used by b4a

Tutorial is incomplete or something is missing
Please help me so that i will publish after all .

hookshy

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dont use the commandline. IDE now creates RSA keys.
yes thank you , is better to make the note just on top on first page of the tutorial because ..there we read the first time
it solved the problem and makes sense now.

Please tell me what about the old ones ... that were already signed with an old encryption algoritm ?

Upvote 0