Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
TODAY I LIKE A YEAR WHEN I PURCHASED B4A

I was very happy with the purchase, and I had a satisfactory return on spending. An investment.

Now that I know the language better I can tell what I would like for the future to be implemented.

WISH: A unique IDE environment for all platforms, Android, Windows, ios, Arduino and if there was ... MacOs ....

I know that you will not be able to have a unique compiler for Android and iOS that works on a makian windows (for XCODE does not exist for windows). It may be that in the future you will be able to create a single compiler that works on MacOS that completes the ios / Android / Windows / Arduino code. The new XUI libraries make it possible to make a similar project

As well as from image

oneyear.png

Last edited:

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
I know that you will not be able to have a unique compiler for Android and iOS that works on a makian windows (for XCODE does not exist for windows).

Actually, you can write iOS apps on Windows with B4i. For compiling you can use either the Local Mac Builder (requires a local Mac) or the Hosted Builder service (no Mac required) that you can purchase from the B4X Store.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Actually, you can write iOS apps on Windows with B4i. For compiling you can use either the Local Mac Builder (requires a local Mac) or the Hosted Builder service (no Mac required) that you can purchase from the B4X Store.
Thank you for the clarification.
I did not know if you had other than pc windows also a local Mac PC was able to compile without having to physically pass the source on the mac. I was aware only of the Hosted Builder service.

So perhaps in the future it can be feasible if the idea is met.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
In the same way, it would be useful to create a new project on a CrossOver platform that you can choose.

If you develop for a specific platform (so you have access to specific features) or you are developing crossover (so you have limited features but can be compiled on all platforms)

upload_2017-10-21_21-0-41.png

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This wish has been presented many times and I have plans to include a workaround for this wish in a future release of my B4X-Launcher. This said, I don't quite agree with the pressure form (poll) used to try to convince EREL to converge. He will surely do it when the B4x suite evolution timeframe allows it.
Many "maybe in future releases" wishes have been granted within minor releases, including some "it's not planned for a near future release"

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This wish has been presented many times and I have plans to include a workaround for this wish in a future release of my B4X-Launcher. This said, I don't quite agree with the pressure form (poll) used to try to convince EREL to converge. He will surely do it when the B4x suite evolution timeframe allows it.
Many "maybe in future releases" wishes have been granted within minor releases, including some "it's not planned for a near future release"
Thank you Cableguy for your comment. ;)
I did not know that this desire had been expressed by others, but if so, I like it.

I have not used your B4X-Launcer yet, and I'm curious to see how you're doing something like this ... :D

As for the poll you misunderstood. It's not an attempt to put pressure on AnyWhere software, but it's something I'm interested in knowing.

AnyWhere Software does not need pressures, knows what it wants to reallocate and when. And I think it is better to leave the freedom to decide whether or not to make a wish.
I do not even want pressures from my clients on future developments of my work and certainly I do not do with AnyWhere Software.

I'm also convinced that B4X Developers are capable of doing something like that and I hope so :p:p

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
It is worth editing the first post as most of it is incorrect. B4i is a Windows IDE.

I don't see any possible way that the same code will be used to write an Arduino program an a Windows program. There isn't any common feature between them.

Why do you write Compile to Windows and Compile to Mac? B4J compiled apps run on Windows, Mac and Linux computers.
If you want that a feature will be considered then you need to explain what is currently missing and how do you want it to be addressed. As I see it, a request to compile from the same code base to Arduino and iPhone is completely not relevant.

Star-Dust

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you your comment. You have done well to clarify these aspects, I have corrected aspects of Arduino.

Not knowing English well can not always express it properly. My wish is not to have a B4I compiler that works on windows.

MY WISH: A unique IDE environment for all platforms, which can compile written code for Android (native app), iOS (native app), Windows / MacOs / Linux (java packaged in a single executable jar)

Thanks for the attention you showed to my post

Last edited:

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
MY WISH: A unique IDE environment for all platforms, which can compile written code for Android (native app), iOS (native app), Windows / MacOs / Linux (java packaged in a single executable jar)

From time immortal, programmers have been trying to "code once run everywhere", where everywhere was Win, Mac and Linux, now Android and IOS has added to it, not to mention Arduino. May be in future we get more like it, but the problem and the wish remains the same.

But since all these do not have the same core, read soil, so same logic to build a house using same material everywhere do not succeed. Not to mention the environment, read rain, heat etc.

Then why we wish it, because programmers are lazy lot, and that is a good sign. Best bet is always to make class / library of own view, layout standard and use them in all our project. I follow it for my development in Xbase++, HMG, AutoHotkey etc. projects.

Regards,

Anand