UnknownHostException error

SpaceCow

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I was working on my app all day and suddenly I get this message in the logs:

Error. Url=http://android.xxxxx.com/rss.xml?UUID=321455557777 Message=java.net.UnknownHostException: android.xxxxx.com

My app won't connect to any host at the moment. I changed to another server, checked the feed, opened an backup that used to work but still that message!

Can someone please tell me what to do? I get no errors when I debug the code and I get the same error when I install the APK on my phone.

Thank!

SpaceCow

Licensed User
Longtime User
What i said, i changed to another server (different IP, other location) and installed the app on my phone (wich uses another connection). On the emulator and on my phone i was getting the same error.

I closed b4a en re-opened all the files and the error is gone. It was very strange... i tried everything. It seems solved!

I still have another problem though. I have a tabhost with 3 pages attached. From one of the pages i want to go to another page so i use Panel.LoadLayout("page3"). Now the page is showed and it looks great... the only problem is that i can't fill the listview on that page!

When i use Panel4.AddView(ListView1, 0, 0, 100%x, 100%y) and put some data in it, the listview doesn't show. When i change the panel name to Panel1 it works perfectly but not on a page that is not shown.

I checked all names, checked for double panels/listviews and nothing...

Do you have some advise?

Upvote 0

SpaceCow

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't want another tab for this page. It is just a subpage from a tab.

Like this structure:

Tab1 -> Page1
Tab2 -> Page2 -> Subpage2
Tab3 -> Page3

I thought a new page in the designer with an panel in it does the job... But it seems not to

(for other questions i will open a net thread next time ;))

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0