Wish update for latest Material and FA icons?

Discussion in 'Bugs & wishlist' started by Dave O, Sep 23, 2018.

1. Dave O

Dave O Active Member Licensed User

I'm working through my apps, replacing icon bitmaps with icon fonts wherever I can (an easy way to support various sizes of icons).

In B4A 8.50, I just noticed that some Material icons are missing - that is, they are available on material.io but not in the font packaged with B4A.

I know that FontAwesome also releases new versions periodically.

Will B4A keep updating these fonts to keep up? Or can I manually download an updated font from their respective websites and use it in B4A?

Thanks!

mindful likes this.
  2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Peter Simpson likes this.
  3. Dave O

The reason for my post was that when I searched for a drag-and-drop icon, I found 2 hits on the Material.io website:

https://material.io/tools/icons/?search=drag&style=baseline

...but only 1 in the B4A MaterialIcons font. So I assumed B4A had an older version. Perhaps they don't reliably update the font in GitHub?

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

Check whether you can find the new icon in the downloadable font file.

5. Dave O

Nope, it's not there, so there is a delta between the downloadable font and the online resources. D'oh!

In the meantime, I'll use the drag icon that the font offers. Drag handles are still a bit varied even in Google apps. :confused:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice