*Update Job offer closed Need help to make B4I project work.

John Sturt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello
I am in need of some help in making a B4I project work.
The problem is i have a array of buttons that need to have their backgrounds updated by bitmaps as and when i choose.
Currently i can make them update but it is all at once.
They will have to have a layer of labels over the top of them for cell selection and for Voiceover to detect the text.

Routes i have tried are
Igameview
Ispritekit
canvas
and just plain label with imageview behind them.
Any ideas? will pay upto £20 for working example of code.

Mashiane

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi

The "when you choose", will that be based on a timer or based on some code you execute first?
For the update at once issue, perhaps you can use the "tag" property of each button to set a particular property then run GetAllRecursive to loop through the views and check the tag property that you want to update and then update the contents of that view.

You can also just have one event and trap which button is selected by assigning it the sender and then read the tag property of that and process it.

I'm not really understanding all of this though as the requirements are not so clear for me. In terms of the layer of labels on top of the buttons, is that each button having a label too? If so, perhaps create a view with the button and label that you can reload.

Dont you want to take a look at this perhaps? https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/ahdashboard-library.14249/#content

Are you perhaps looking for something similar to that?

John Sturt

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello and thank you for your advice.
I realize that my description was not very clear and will be posting up an example B4I project to demonstrate my problem soon.

Thank you