Updates to Google Play Apps In Russia?

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
First let me say I don't want to get into political debate but........

I have had a number of adverse reviews from users on the Russian Play Store that my (best selling) app has ceased to update and in some cases has started crashing. From the reports received it appears that it not confined to one device or Android version. Some users are up to date with the latest version and have problems but others have versions up to 2 years out of date (some of which may be their fault of course).

At the outset of the present crisis I was unsure what would happen to Play Store updates should I pull the app altogether on a single country basis. With that in mind I simply put up the app price up to a level that no-one would pay. As far as I can see Google continues to do business in Russia as I have received no communication from them to the contrary.

I am suspicious that it is their Play Store interaction is either suspect or updates/sales have been pulled altogether as a 'Sanctioned Nation'. Consequently I am wondering how to respond to Russian users who have purchased a paid app and are unhappy?

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks @Pendrush, I was aware of your first quotation but not the second.... That explains everything. I now have to find a suitable form of words to break the news :eek:

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I now have to find a suitable form of words to break the news
"Dear customer,

Bla, bla bla, google, bla bla bla , play store, bla bla bla paid apps"

Don't forget the sixth and seventh "bla bla" as they are the ones that explain everything!

RichardN

Licensed User
Longtime User
"Dear customer,

Bla, bla bla, google, bla bla bla , play store, bla bla bla paid apps"

Don't forget the sixth and seventh "bla bla" as they are the ones that explain everything!
@Cableguy..... I'm sure you must have gone to school with Boris Johnson ?

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I do recall the fat blondy guy... he was Null at both geo and logic!