Android Question Upgraded to v6, loaded GPS from tutorial, got maven-metadata error

swabygw

Licensed User
Longtime User
After long-last, I've finally upgraded to v6 B4a. I did it because I wanted to give the GPS features a whirl, so, after installing v6, I opened up the GPS project from here (https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/gps-tutorial.6592/#content) and got the following error:

B4A version: 6.00
Parsing code. (0.00s)
Compiling code. (0.05s)
Compiling layouts code. (0.02s)
Organizing libraries. Error
Error parsing metadata file: C:\Android\tools\..\extras\android\m2repository\com\android\support\support-v4\maven-metadata.xml

Any advice is appreciated and my apologies, in advance, if this has already been discussed.

swabygw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for the reply - I should have mentioned that I have the Core, GPS, and RuntimePermissions activated in the Libraries Manager.

Upvote 0

swabygw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Wait a minute - sorry, you said Android SDK Manager and thought you meant libraries. I haven't updated anything in the Android SDK Manager. I'll run those updates and report back the results.

Upvote 0

swabygw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Okay, now I can report back - same problem. :( Btw, here's the contents of the file mentioned in the error:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<metadata>
<groupId>com.android.support</groupId>
<artifactId>support-v4</artifactId>
<version>13.0.0</version>
<versioning>
<versions>
<version>13.0.0</version>
<version>18.0.0</version>
<version>19.0.0</version>
<version>19.0.1</version>
<version>19.1.0</version>
<version>20.0.0</version>
<version>21.0.0</version>
<version>21.0.2</version>
<version>21.0.3</version>
<version>22.0.0</version>
<version>22.1.0</version>
<version>22.2.0</version>
<version>22.2.1</version>
<version>23.0.0</version>
<version>23.0.1</version>
<version>23.1.0</version>
<version>23.1.1</version>
</versions>
<lastUpdated>20151111194029</lastUpdated>
</versioning>
</metadata>

Upvote 0

swabygw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks - I thought the same thing, so I ran all the updates. Then, to be sure, I uninstalled the Android Support Repository and reinstalled it again. I think that the update is not really updating, perhaps. Because the contents of the file, and its' directory, look unchanged. Here's an image of the directory and the Android SDK Manager:

Untitled.png

Maybe there's a clearer way to force the update to really work?

Upvote 0

swabygw

Licensed User
Longtime User
My SDK Path points as follows:

Untitled.png

This is where the executable for the SDK Manager is (and for the AVD Manager, too). Should it point somewhere else?

Upvote 0

swabygw

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm, both of your pictures point to another directory. So, I looked and it turns out I have another AVD Manager executable and SDK Manager executable at C:\Android. And, sure enough, the SDK Manager there doesn't reflect the updates. So, I'm going to do another round of updates and will report the results. Thanks.

Upvote 0

swabygw

Licensed User
Longtime User
That was it. After the update from the correct SDK Manager, the error from before went away. I ran the GPS program on my emulator and got this error: INSTALL_FAILED_CONTAINER_ERROR. But, suspecting that it might be some options in the emulator, I ran it on my smartphone and it worked. I suspect there's some option in my emulator that I need to change, but at least it's working now. Thanks for the help!

Upvote 0