Android Question [Urgent HELP (will be paid) needed] Convert simple B4A app to B4i Please

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi all

I wrote simple GPS logger app with B4A based on Erel's GPS sample for my friend. It took me half of an hour.
He needed it for a school . and he is satisfied with that app.
And now , he need the same app for iOS , he have iPhone 6, and I don't have B4i.

So my question is, Does anybody have some spare time to convert this app to iOS and compile it
so my friend can install it on his iPhone 6?

On android, compiled B4A app (.apk) can be easely installed on any android device, I'm not sure if that is possible with iPhone, if not, can you provide us with a way, how to install the app when converted to B4i - iOS.

My friend is willing to pay if there is no people who would do it for free (as a favor to me :) ).

Thank you all for your time!

The B4A source is attached

Attachments

• gpslog.zip
    16.3 KB · Views: 206
  • ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 176

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Anyone? Please.
We will pay, PM me for the price you are willing to do the job.

Best

Upvote 0

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's not possible to directly install iApps to an iPhone or iPad.. it must be uploaded to Apple Store first, and he then can install it from there.. even for a single person. The other option is to open account with Apple and pay them $100 so you can install it directly to even your own phone :)

Upvote 0

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's not possible to directly install iApps to an iPhone or iPad.. it must be uploaded to Apple Store first, and he then can install it from there.. even for a single person. The other option is to open account with Apple and pay them $100 so you can install it directly to even your own phone :)
Thank you for your reply

So If we buy B4i + hosted mac builder , and i rewrote the app for bai, how mutch time will be needed for him to have that app?
Is it possible to compile the app for personal use, without publishing it for production?

Upvote 0

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes it's possible. As you can read in B4i docs:

Requirements

• Apple developer account (costs $99 per year).
  • An iOS device running iOS 7+.
The compilation process requires a Mac computer. You can either use a local Mac computer or use our Hosted Mac Builder service (currently costs $26 per year).

The apple developer account let you install your app on up 100 iPad,iPhone devices without applestore account

As I know you know perfectly B4A environment, B4i it's about 95% like B4A (life cycle and cursor on DB are slightly different)
You can read the beginners guide to test it (https://www.b4x.com/b4i/files/guide.zip)

Upvote 0

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes it's possible. As you can read in B4i docs:

The apple developer account let you install your app on up 100 iPad,iPhone devices without applestore account

As I know you know perfectly B4A environment, B4i it's about 95% like B4A (life cycle and cursor on DB are slightly different)
You can read the beginners guide to test it (https://www.b4x.com/b4i/files/guide.zip)

Ok, I read that , but it wasn't clear to me, the compile process...
Newer worked with the iOS device nor the iOS system itself.
I guess , have to try to be 100% clear.

How about $60 offer for someone to compile that b4a source from the OP?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
So If we buy B4i + hosted mac builder , and i rewrote the app for bai, how mutch time will be needed for him to have that app?

atleast a week to get the app approved + the time to create the app.

if he's near the fastest would be to have his phone and compile to it.

Upvote 0

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
atleast a week to get the app approved + the time to create the app.

if he's near the fastest would be to have his phone and compile to it.
Thank you for you reply. That's the answer I was looking for, so the fastest way is to buy B4i and compile the app on his phone.
Is it possible to do that without Apple dev account? If we buy B4i + Hosted Mac builder?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
no, Apple is all about security and certificates and you can only create those when you have an apple dev account.

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
there are ways to install apps without going via the iTunes store but it probably still requires a valid certified file so you still need the dev account
or let someone create it for you.

if it needs a jailbreak'ed phone is not clear, tried that once and it screwed my iphone and I needed to fully reset it again.

Upvote 0

Jaames

Licensed User
Longtime User
no, Apple is all about security and certificates and you can only create those when you have an apple dev account.
Ok . Thank you for your time.It is clear now to me, we have to buy apple dev account and B4i.I don't have any of iOS devices. Do I need one while developing the app? I saw some iphone emulator on Erel's videos?

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
you need an actual device.

the thing Erel uses is more like a screen capture utility I believe.

Upvote 0

inakigarm

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, you need one. Such simulator doesn't exist such on B4i +hosted version. The videos aren't from a simulator but from a screen mirroring of an IOS device (think it's called Reflector)

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
contact someone near that does iphone repairs and ask if he doesn't have a iphone 4s for a cheap price as you only need it for development reasons.

I got mine like that for 100 euro and it was like brand new with power adapter and cables included :)

Upvote 0