Android Question Use Google's upload certificate

Stanza

Licensed User
Hi,

I am trying to launch a new app to the playstore. I facing lots of issues in the app signing. My playstore console is showing below message in the place where we upload the APK for a new release..

B4X:
Let Google manage and protect your app signing key (recommended)
Enabled.

Upload key: The key you use to sign your first release. Sign every subsequent release with the same key to verify it’s from you. Keep your upload key safe. If it’s ever lost or compromised, contact developer support to replace it.

When I try upload the APK i get the error like below..

B4X:
Upload failed
You uploaded an APK that is not signed with the upload certificate. You must use the same certificate. The upload certificate has fingerprint:
[ SHA1: DD:2B:8F:AB:67:57:7C:E5:57:12:D9:88:1D:EB:A7:E7:6D:7B:8D:F5 ]
and the certificate used to sign the APK you uploaded have fingerprint:
[ SHA1: C7:BB:F4:93:27:45:13:0C:6F:6B:EF:CC:F8:FF:1F:9E:2E:7A:35:19 ]

Am I supposed to use a certificate called upload certificate? I have been trying the same method which I have been using before (that used to work easily)...

I old keystore signing key also does not seem to work.. it fails with an error like below..

B4X:
jarsigner error: java.security.InvalidKeyException: The security strength of SHA-1 digest algorithm is not sufficient for this key size

Can anyone guide me please.. I want to launch my app to the playstore and its totally confusing now...

thanks and regards.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0