Android Question Use several bitmaps

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Slacker, Jan 29, 2015.

1. Slacker

Slacker Active Member Licensed User

Hello folks, i would like what is the best practice to use bitmaps. It's well known that at different screen sizes, a bitmap could stretch and lose its quality. Someones advise to use several copies of the same bitmap for any screen resolution to avoid this problem. What is the practice do you advise me to handle this issue ? Keep in mind that i generally use just 2 optimized layouts (portrait and landscape) adjusting them for all screen sizes.

Thank you very much ! :)

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

I recommend you to start with large images and test how they look on smaller devices. In most cases they will look good.

3. sorex

sorex Expert Licensed User

these days phones have quite high resolutions (compared to the 240x400 on one of my phones) so I would go for something close to 800x600 & 600x800, up or downscaling that would still lookgood.

4. Slacker

Slacker Active Member Licensed User

Ok, thank you. A little curiosity: Candy Crash Saga has that little bird called "Odus"; that seems to be always perfect in any screen sizes; is that an animated sequence bitmaps or an animated vector graphics ?

5. DonManfred

DonManfred Expert Licensed User

You need to ask the Candy Crush Saga Author(s)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice