Android Question Use several bitmaps

Slacker

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello folks, i would like what is the best practice to use bitmaps. It's well known that at different screen sizes, a bitmap could stretch and lose its quality. Someones advise to use several copies of the same bitmap for any screen resolution to avoid this problem. What is the practice do you advise me to handle this issue ? Keep in mind that i generally use just 2 optimized layouts (portrait and landscape) adjusting them for all screen sizes.

Thank you very much ! :)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
these days phones have quite high resolutions (compared to the 240x400 on one of my phones) so I would go for something close to 800x600 & 600x800, up or downscaling that would still lookgood.

Upvote 0

Slacker

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ok, thank you. A little curiosity: Candy Crash Saga has that little bird called "Odus"; that seems to be always perfect in any screen sizes; is that an animated sequence bitmaps or an animated vector graphics ?

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A little curiosity: Candy Crash Saga has that little bird called "Odus"; that seems to be always perfect in any screen sizes; is that an animated sequence bitmaps or an animated vector graphics ?
You need to ask the Candy Crush Saga Author(s)

Upvote 0