Useful Apps?

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi JamesC,
The programs I have been using in conjunction with developping B4PPC programs are:
- Paint to make images for buttons etc.
- ACDSee to look at images and change file formats
- NotePad to make the multilanguage text files
- SnagIt to capture images on the desktop
- Total Commander to show file contents in hexadecimal and compare two file contents Ex. bitmap files.
- vaHelpMaker to make the help files
- 7 Z to compress and uncompress files

B4PPC programs (even on the desktop)
- IconEdit to edit icons
- ImEmB to embed all the images of a program into one file
- CapSure to capture screenshots on the device
- ControlInfo to check object parameters

I had a look on both programs you are mentionning, very interesting.
The Icon editor is the first one I have seen showing all the sizes of the icons in the same file, not really tested it yet.

I find your idea to share what programs we are using excellent, it allows to discover other applications like the two in your post, I ditn't know about those before.

I discoverd vaHelpMaker in this forum in a post from agraham and find it better than HelpNDoc I used before.
vaHelpMaker has also included a ButtonMaker an IconMaker and ImageEditor, I haven't used them really yet.

Best regards

JamesC

Licensed User
Thx

Thanks for your suggestions, Erel and Klaus. It looks like there are some essential apps in there!

James

Rallig

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

in addition to the list from Klaus. He wrote about Total Commander.

I use this tool to synchronize my device source folder against my desktop source folder. Really helpful.

mjcoon

Licensed User
The programs I have been using in conjunction with developping B4PPC programs are:
- Total Commander to show file contents in hexadecimal and compare two file contents Ex. bitmap files.

I thought that Total Commander could do that too, but I cannot find such a feature. I'm running V2.50, the Pocket PC version. Do I need a plug-in, perhaps; I see that there are three already included but no mention of hex, nor on web site.

Cheers, Mike.

mjcoon

Licensed User
If there really isn't a freeware hex viewer for the PPC I think I might write a simple one. Trouble is, that's bound to lead to a desire for an editor...

BTW I suppose that a search for "hex" doesn't give any hits because we aren't allowed to search for three-letter words?

Cheers, Mike.