using a specific.NET version.

jesb4ppc

Licensed User
Hi everyone,

How can I know, or what can I do, to make my applications runs with one version or another one of .NET?

I mean, I have write an application, but the destination desktop PC, only has .NET version 1.1, and can't install any other version. As I have developed it, it uses .NET version 2.0. But how can I rewrite it, to be usable with this version 1.1?. The application only uses Bitwise, CryptoDesktop and RegistryDesktop libraries.

Thanks in advance,

Jesus.

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think the best way is to go trough the MSDN class reference and check if the features used are compatible with the version of .NET you targeted.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The application only uses... CryptoDesktop ....
I'm afraid you will not get it to run under .NET 1.1 as CryptoDesktop uses functions only introduced with .NET 2.0. You would need to "downgrade" to the Crypto library to run under .NET 1.1.

EDIT :- I assume you mean CryptoExDesktop!

EDIT :- :signOops: Ignore this rubbish I've written :sign0013: I never released my CryptoExDesktop library so you are referring to the normal one which is .NET 1.1 compatible.

Last edited:

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Let's have another go now that I have thought rather than reacted :sign0161:

As far as I know those libraries are all .NET 1.1 compatible so the question is why you think your app won't work under .NET 2.0. I assume you have tried it and it doesn't in fact work. What error did you get and was the app optimised or legacy compiled?

If the app was optimised compiled then it won't run under .NET 1.1 as it references the .NET 2.0 runtime assemblies. You should legacy compile your app and it should then run under .NET 1.1 without changes as long as you don't use a library that needs .NET 2.0 - and your libraries don't seem to.