Android Question Using an existing APK in your project - Samsung Galaxy S5 FM radio

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by netchicken, Mar 6, 2015.

1. netchicken

netchicken Active Member Licensed User

Darn typo in title should be "Using an Existing APK in your Project"

Hi guys.

I have the phone above and it doesn't come with the software that runs the inbuilt existing radio. Someone on XDA forums ported one from the S4 here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-mini/themes-apps/s5-radio-app-android-4-4-2-t2825175

However it needs root to load it into your phone which I don't have, nor want to do.

Is there a way to attach it to a B4A project and install it using B4A?

Cheers
    Gary

2. NJDude

NJDude Expert Licensed User

You can try copying the APK to your device and then install it, you don't need to be root unless the app requires to be a system app.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2015
  3. schemer

schemer Active Member Licensed User

I just wanted to add that if you are the original poster (OP) you can edit the title. :)
    schemer

4. netchicken

Thanks for your replies :) I can't change the title, only the body. The app installs but crashes with "Unfortunatly radio has stopped".

5. schemer

I could have swore I changed a title here before with a typo in it. :mad: Maybe it was another forum. Sorry about that. I just tried on one of my posts and could not see where it could be done. :confused:
    schemer

6. stevel05

stevel05 Expert Licensed User

At the top right of the page just below the title and next to the Watch / Unwatch Thread option, you should see a ThreadTools dropdown, it's an option in there.

schemer likes this.
  7. schemer

I knew it! :D I thought I was losing it there for a minute. Thanks for clearing that up. :cool:
    schemer

8. netchicken

Thanks for that, I have fixed the title :)

9. Cableguy

Cableguy Expert Licensed User

AFAIK... the S5 does not have FM radio hardware... at least I don't see it in mine... that's why the app does not come pre- installed

10. netchicken

Actually they all do so I read. It's in the hardware but not installed. Thats why it would be a great project to get running. Read the link :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice