Android Question Using an existing APK in your project - Samsung Galaxy S5 FM radio

netchicken

Licensed User
Darn typo in title should be "Using an Existing APK in your Project"

Hi guys.

I have the phone above and it doesn't come with the software that runs the inbuilt existing radio. Someone on XDA forums ported one from the S4 here

http://forum.xda-developers.com/galaxy-s4-mini/themes-apps/s5-radio-app-android-4-4-2-t2825175

However it needs root to load it into your phone which I don't have, nor want to do.

Is there a way to attach it to a B4A project and install it using B4A?

Cheers
Gary

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
You can try copying the APK to your device and then install it, you don't need to be root unless the app requires to be a system app.

Last edited:

schemer

Licensed User
I just wanted to add that if you are the original poster (OP) you can edit the title. :)
schemer

netchicken

Licensed User
Thanks for your replies :) I can't change the title, only the body. The app installs but crashes with "Unfortunatly radio has stopped".

schemer

Licensed User
Thanks for your replies :) I can't change the title, only the body. The app installs but crashes with "Unfortunatly radio has stopped".
I could have swore I changed a title here before with a typo in it. :mad: Maybe it was another forum. Sorry about that. I just tried on one of my posts and could not see where it could be done. :confused:
schemer

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
At the top right of the page just below the title and next to the Watch / Unwatch Thread option, you should see a ThreadTools dropdown, it's an option in there.

schemer

Licensed User
At the top right of the page just below the title and next to the Watch / Unwatch Thread option, you should see a ThreadTools dropdown, it's an option in there.
I knew it! :D I thought I was losing it there for a minute. Thanks for clearing that up. :cool:
schemer

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
AFAIK... the S5 does not have FM radio hardware... at least I don't see it in mine... that's why the app does not come pre- installed

netchicken

Licensed User
Actually they all do so I read. It's in the hardware but not installed. Thats why it would be a great project to get running. Read the link :)